Chapter 30: Marriage

Pierre went out of the department office to collect his trophy and certificate from the recently held National Programming for Business Analytics Competition. He ranked second out of a hundred competitors from different regions and it was another addition to his growing collection of achievements. Although most of them were at his friend's house, the recent ones were placed on his.

“Hey, I heard NaProBA gave you three hundred thousand pesos as a cash prize. Are you going to have a celebration at my house?” Yeshua was swift to hear the wind.

Pierre proposed to do it at his house with Maricar instead. He then added, “Don't try to bribe me, I knew you were the champion and got half a million. Why don't you spend for the celebration this time?”

He smiled and flashed the check from a bank with the amount of his reward. “Fine, fine. But you also have to spend some!”

They both shook hands to seal the deal and parted ways. Pierre was excited enough to share the news with his girlfriend, however her class will end an hour later.

But little did he know, she already saw about the announcement from the forum. It quickly went viral after seeing the former ACM ICPC champs were head to head in the top spots. For Laurentians, it's a great honor for their university to come on top. For the school administration, it's a great example on how their system is very good at teaching students. For the two guys, it's another achievement to show off to their girlfriends.

And not long after, Yeshua posted his award together with his girlfriend by his side with a teasing caption.

‘Came on top. My girlfriend is so proud of me.

I don't know about the other guy behind me, he seemed nonchalant. Maybe he doesn't love his girlfriend.’

[Photo]

314 Likes          268 Comments

‘The campus hunk is back!’

‘They look good together! Congrats!’

‘I bet my scholarship, Pierre will make a more grand post than him.’

Pierre replied to the student,

‘Convince him to let me borrow his reward, I'll make sure your scholarship will be in good hands.’ – 25 likes

The user replied quickly, ‘Master, I'm honored but he is stingy.’

After interacting with some users, he turned off his phone and thought about the challenge. He seemed determined to let the user to spend his scholarship. Pierre still have an hour to get everything done.

Some couple walked beside him and talked about marriage. He carefully looked at them both.

“You want to marry me?” the girl asked.

“In the future. After graduation, perhaps.”

An interesting idea popped into his mind and smiled widely. Bingo, it will be a banger. After getting help from his friends, they set up a small booth and decorated it with mostly white laces and silk, together with the white roses they picked from the botanical garden. He dressed up using Lester's white suit to match the theme. Everything was ready. And students were already seeing their preparation.

The bell rang and Maricar was already cleaning up her things before going out. She patted her white dress and tried to fix it.

Unaware of the commotion below, she saw how many female students constantly looking at her with envy. But since she was already exposed to such attention, she didn't bother to think beyond her expectations. Her mind is completely tangled on how to greet her boyfriend. Seeing how viral Yeshua's post with Johara, she was trying to give him a similar but much better celebration to post.