Chapter 20: Fire

Maricar got home earlier than her housemate. It was better than seeing him today.

With her only class during the afternoon was suspended because of the absence of her professor, she quickly went home and laid on her bed. Her energy is drained from the thing she just knew.

“No wonder he seemed to be distant already…” she mumbled.

It turns out he was in love with someone else. It was her wishful thinking to assume that he would like her back.

Yes, deep inside Maricar's heart, she knew to herself that she likes Pierre now. She could just pull him and confess in front of him without fear. But now she can't.

The thought echoed in her mind once again.

After hearing those words earlier, she walked out of the building at the fire exit just to avoid him. It was not a good time for them to meet.

She sighed and burrowed her face on the soft pillow. Thinking what to do to forget everything she just learned.

It was still quite early for her job, bars aren't even opened yet in at least two hours. Her father's company is also not a good place to waste time, she might become an employee with her father giving too many orders to “keep her busy.”

After an hour of thinking and waiting for time to pass by, she went to the kitchen and started to wander her eyes on what to do instead. Maybe a snack would be good.

Going in front of the fridge, Maricar opened it and saw a half-full one yet filled with ingredients that needs to be cooked. None were edible at this point.

Her eyes suddenly spotted the remaining cans of beer behind the bottles of condiments. Pierre didn't drink any of those? Seems that he is an occasional drinker. Well, at least his tolerance is not too weak for a male.

Maricar took a can and opened it. And in less than ten seconds, she drank everything in the can like water.

Crushing the can after, she was about to reach and take the next can when the door suddenly opened. Pierre was a bit early to be home. But she wasn't surprised.

“You're drinking?” he asked instead of greeting the young lady.

Her eyes rolled and took the beer, opening then drinking its contents in front of him. He was still holding his backpack while standing at the door.

“And so?”

Maricar didn't let him reply and went back to her room. It was a better thing to do than bicker him. She might eventually spill the thing she just knew. It will be more devastating.

Pierre locked his eyes on her until she went inside her own room. Only with the closing of her door made him go back conscious.

“Did I do something that offended her again? I haven't talked with her since she apologized. Impossible.”

He went to his room and changed clothes.

***

“Girl, stop drinking, okay? We still need to go to the other bar.” Bianca tried to take her last shot of margarita and stop her from being drunk.

Maricar was still conscious enough but still tipsy to walk straight.

“I knew my tolerance, Bianca. Let's go.” her cheeks were flushing red and heating up.

The moment she stood up, it was the time that the drinks she took was slowly taking effect.

Bianca don't have a choice but to take her back. It was also her fault that she left her friend there at the counter, ordering and drinking tons of drink while she and Ryan were busy having fun.