Chapter 13: Problems

It was already one o'clock in the midnight, Pierre had no intention to sleep. His mind was still in deep thinking mode which made him unable to sleep in peace.

He's been thinking about that thing which happened twice to his housemate. He was guessing since he went inside, trying to take a rest.

The young man pillowed both his palms, staring at the white ceiling that became colorful with the scenes as his mind was projecting anything he would think of.

What did that woman's experienced which made her act in hysteria?

Maricar was actually about to open her story to Pierre, however she got back to her senses and calmed down before she might say something about her history.

But it didn't make the guy less curious. In fact, his desire to know it got stronger.

Pierre finally got up and sat on his bed. It was neither cold nor hot. It was in the usual room temperature. He was just so bothered that laying on the bed would make him feel uneasy.

He scratched his nape then murmured, “You're killing me, Maricar…”

“She made me a fool for trying to seduce me inside the campus. And now she's giving me insomnia for giving me a cliffhanger story?” he continued.

Pierre sighed before standing up to go outside. He sat on the couch and took the remote from the coffee table's drawer.

He thought of playing a movie tonight to make himself sleep. Maybe the blue light will make his eyes sore and tired.

As he pressed the buttons on the remote while finding a good movie to watch, the young man used it to cool off and vent out.

“You… just… made… me… even… more… worried… so… annoying…”

Each press, it became harder and harder. Until it was the last selection where he stopped. It was an unpopular romance movie. He didn't waste his time thinking and pressed the play button.

Pierre sat properly on the couch as the movie started.

It was a very light romantic comedy film. But Pierre felt it as similar to what he experienced with Maricar.

That time when he was playfully seduced by her in the university made him twice as aware as he was before. He became more vigilant with his own feelings.

He knows that a simple change of feelings towards a person could develop into a deeper one, just like his friend Marco with the girl named Dianne who got together after a small tease. He was trying to avoid that.

Seeing Maricar in the past days was more on convincing himself not to be as indulged as he was before in befriending her. When they meet, only a small talk would occur. Sometimes they just pass by like meeting thin air.

However what happened earlier was purely out of concern of her. It was a shocker for Pierre to see a strong woman cry. Although he saw one already, but Maricar is the girl who is unlikely to cry.

And with the words she made Pierre go crazy and awake, it feels like he still don't know that girl completely. That he needs to learn more.

What is the girl beyond Mr. Geron's description of her?

He suddenly heard a small door slam from his back. She just went out of her room. Pierre thought she was going to the bathroom but he was surprised to see her standing beside the couch, looking at him with those scrawny, sad eyes.

Maricar held herself back earlier on asking her housemate, however she was really hungry to the point she can't sleep with her stomach growling.

“Can you…” she hesitated once more.