Chapter 11: A Secret is a Secret

Pierre noticed that Maricar left earlier than him. His classes today will start at 11 o'clock in the morning, so he woke up a little late than usual.

He showered and dressed up before going to the campus. He planned to take his breakfast in the cafeteria since it's still an hour before his class starts.

As Pierre pass by the kitchen, he saw the white bowl and the spoon on the drying rack. He smiled before continuing his steps.

‘Looks like she was really hungry. She's just afraid to admit it.’

After a few minutes, he arrived at the campus and went to the cafeteria to eat something first.

“One cup of rice, a serving of chicken adobo and beef broccoli, and a glass of water,” he ordered.

The lady placed his order in plates and small bowls before giving him the total of his meal, “That would be 105.”

He paid the exact amount before taking the tray and went to find some seat.

It was a little spacious as most of the students are in their classes but the numbers are still many who are also having their meals.

Pierre sat on the left most area and plopped the tray on the table. He looked at his phone to check the time.

‘I still have half an hour left to eat.’

He prayed first before started eating his breakfast.

Unaware of his surroundings, a group of girls noticed his presence earlier. One of them had a crush on him and was constantly getting teased by the rest.

“Come on, just give him milk tea!” the first one boldly suggested.

“I can't! I'm still shy…” she exclaimed in a soft, girly voice.

It was so loud, however the noise inside made Pierre didn't hear them.

“I'll just give him after he's done, okay?” the group groaned at their friend's shyness.

Maricar just got out of Mrs. Martinez's office after giving her the dress she ordered.

She gave her the dress. At that moment, Maricar suddenly remembered that thing her professor said to her that she will reveal later.

“Ma'am, what's that question you wanted to ask?”

Mrs. Martinez placed the dress in her drawer and looked at the young lady.

“You want to be a fashion model?”

Upon hearing those words, fashion model, Maricar's eyes twinkled. She was not just liking the idea of being a model but the childhood dream of hers on walking in a runway would came true.

A seven-year-old girl has been exposed to fashion and modelling wouldn't turn down such an offer. Now 21, the desire just became even stronger.

Mr. Geron, her father, could just let her enroll in a great modelling class and pursue modelling before she even got into college. However the idea of using her father's resources and help to climb in the industry is the thing Maricar avoids.

Evidently, she refused to be a model and took the current job she have. Barhopping is her hobby, then enjoying while earning money is better than being a model in her own family company.

But now her professor would give her a chance without the help of her father, it's a big achievement for her.

Maricar nodded and asked, “You have a modelling agency for me to apply?”

Mrs. Martinez shook her head which faded the smiled on the girl's face.

“Then what is it?”

The professor took out an invitation card from a book and handed it out to her. Maricar accepted it and read what was written.