Chapter 17: Drunken Confession

“Ms. Geron, congratulations on completing the final step on your project. You can finally breathe in peace.” one of the panelist, her professor, told her.

She went out of the the discussion room. It wasn't as nerve-cracking as her final defense last semester but she was still nervous that it might end up badly, especially that she was the only one who presented individually after going solo.

Maricar started from scratch and made everything in a month. She was evicted by the group at the meeting on the weekend after the academic break. She was furious on the decision, however the young lady don't want any further complications and agreed.

She will just suffer if she stay, they had a topic with a bad background, which is why it was a blessing for her to be on a solo journey to have a completely new topic.

Actually, she's not alone. Maricar asked help from Pierre.

Days after she was kicked out, Maricar asked help from him. But it was a giant leap from their current relationship. They had a cold war from the confrontation of feelings. Until now, except from the days she disregarded the issue, they have limited contact with each other.

She thought that they would make up after those encounters but they would go back to their old self after it. It was killing her.

Maricar wanted to apologize to him with her attitude that day. Yet a month has passed and she haven't done it.

The young lady still don't know if Pierre regards her as a taken woman. She was still single. Even her actions at work, during her barhopping duty, she has refused to interact intimately with males. She haven't dance on the dancefloor ever since.

It was not evident to her until Bianca noticed and told it to Maricar on their last barhopping night on Wednesday.

“Girl, you're not dancing recently. Something's wrong?”

“I feel like I'm cheating.” she opened up, making her best friend curious.

“Why? You don't have a boyfriend though?”

Maricar drank the cocktail on the table and replied, “But why do I feel like I am cheating when I'm dancing at bars? Even by interacting with guys, I would feel bad. I'm so confused!”

Ryan, who just came from the counter, heard the conversation and inserted. “I knew the guy.”

He proceed to confess that it was Maricar's housemate, which made Bianca's jaw dropped.

“Oh my God! Girl! You really have a crush on him!”

Maricar looked at her best friend. “It's just a crush…”

“And you didn't deny it now!” Bianca exclaimed.

Maricar was a little denial about her attraction towards Pierre until now. She finally figured it out after what happened.

“But! It's just a crush. An attraction, infatuation, charmed by him. I don't like him. Okay?”

Bianca rolled her eyes, “Okay!” she prolonged the word to make it more sarcastic to hear.

It was the end of her Friday schedule and she was ready to go home. After confessing about her having a crush on Pierre, she would feel excitement in her body to go home. Just to see him. It felt relaxing now to see your handsome crush in the same roof you're sleeping. But she tried not to make it evident to make him scared.

Bianca texted her that she was already in their house to celebrate her victory.

‘Did Pierre took you inside?’