Chapter 27: Trouble With The Past

“Maricar, I heard that Gelo is going back from Germany next week. Aren't you gonna see him at the airport?” Mr. Geron asked his daughter as they ate their dinner at home.

The young woman thought for a second and asked “Gelo? Who is he?” she doesn't remember a man named Gelo before.

“Gerard Lorie, your childhood sweetheart. It's his new name on his social media account that I followed.”

“Oh,” she uninterestingly replied before continued eating. Her father glanced at her and saw her reaction.

“What's with the reaction? I'm sure you missed him. He's also asking about you last week.”

She drank her orange juice and spoke, “I'm not interested. Dad, I'll be going.” without waiting for his reply, Maricar stood up and took her stuff. Her dad shook his head and went back eating.

While she was waiting for the bus at the corner of the street, Pierre called her.

“You finally called! How's your thesis going?”

(Where are you? I need you…) his tired raspy voice echoed in her ears. Her lips automatically formed a curve.

“What happened?”

(I'm exhausted. I'm at home already but I don't see you around.) the young lady giggled at his response.

Answering him where she is, a person walked in front of her. However, he suddenly stopped and looked at her.

“Marie?” she glanced at the guy and was speechless to see his face.

“Damien?”

Pierre's eyebrow furrowed after hearing a man's voice from the other line. Maricar was still on the phone.

“You're here for me?”

Maricar suddenly raised her left eyebrow and scoffed. She can't believe this man never grow up and change a bit. He's still the same, shameless guy she knew. 

“What the fuck did you say?”

(Who's that guy?) Pierre asked her on the phone.

“An old friend.” she answered in contempt.

The guy laughed and went near towards her.

“Move another step, or I'll break your legs.” with her ferocious eyes, the man didn't dare to take the risk.

“Geez, calm down. It's not like we haven't had fun before. You already hate me so bad?”

Pierre's exhaustion suddenly faded away. He stood up and took his jacket before going out. Ending the call, he called his friend Yeshua whose house is a few minutes away from the neighborhood. Asking him to fetch her to Maricar's house, his friend scolded him for a bit before he agreed.

Maricar on the other hand saw her call with Pierre got ended. She thought that her boyfriend must be angry, then blaming it on the man in front of her.

“You know what, Damien? Fuck off. You and that stupid Gerard, stop messing my life again. We're done and I don't like seeing his face again.” she was flaming angry. Remembering how she suffered with him and that guy, she can't just let them stay around her, prancing happily.

“You knew about Gelo? He wants to meet you, by the way. And calm down, girl. I knew you have a boyfriend and, damn, you're a one hella lucky woman.”

She rolled her eyes, “Why did he wanted to meet me? Please tell him, I don't want to see him again. Nor I will be willing to let him parade his face around my eyes.”

Melt Me Inside [English]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara