Epilogue

“Congratulations, graduates of batch Marahuyo! May you continue your endeavors and elevate yourselves to greater heights! God bless and enjoy your graduation!”

The last warming message of the university chancellor was the end of their commencement ceremony. Fireworks quickly replaced the noise at the university grounds. With some students throwing their cap to the air.

Maricar and Bianca hugged each other and graced the end of their college life.

“Finally I can have my own house! My father said that he'll give me a car also!”

“Good for you! I can't wait to have a road trip with you after this.” Maricar said and hugged her again. They were friends for so many years and until today, they were inseparable. Now that they graduated, they may end up in different places, however they vowed to stay in the city to work.

Maricar looked up and tried to find a person who just spoke in front of many people. But he wasn't present nor any of his friends.

“Where is he?”

“Who?”

“Mr. Summa Cum Laude.”

“Oh, I heard that he already went home.” Bianca said.

Maricar asked how did she knew about it and she replied, “I just overheard it.”

“Weird, he didn't tell me. Not even a message…”

Bianca nodded and took her phone. Informing Pierre's friends to come out of hiding.

“Who are you texting?”

Maricar seemed to notice her. Bianca shook her head and told that it was her father.

Out of the blue, Marco and Jude went out of the stage. Maricar called them and ask on Pierre's whereabouts.

“Pierre? Oh, he went home. Aren't you aware?”

Maricar blew air and left them there with an annoyed face. It was their graduation day, yet he disappeared.

Jude elbowed Marco and ask on what to do next.

“Is Pierre ready? He's going to miss it! She's leaving!”

“Just wait, he must be ready.” he received a text message. He signalled Jude to be on the move. 

All of the sudden, the lights around the venue went off, blacking out the vision of everyone in the scene. Maricar stopped from her tracks, and in a moment, someone held her hand.

“Who are you?”

The man didn't speak and proceed to remove his medals and gave it to the young lady in front.

“Can I marry you now?” his soft voice cancelled out the noise in the background. It was at this point, she knew it was him.

“I thought you went home?”

He nodded, even though unseen, and replied, “I went home. I just went home. Right now. Standing in front of me.”

Maricar went near to his face and whispered, “You're not gonna do something grand to compete with Yeshua, are you?”

“Actually…”

The lights turned back on, and it revealed a set up that was rushed when the lights were still off. Behind them, the other couple also seemed to have a similar set up with them.

“We collaborated this time.” Yeshua shouted. They both smirked and were satisfied with the results.

“I wanted to give you something.” Pierre took out a small heart-shaped container.

Maricar opened it and revealed a small ice cream.

“Matcha? And cookies and cream? You really remembered my favorite flavor?”

Pierre took out a spoon and told her to have a bite on the center. Maricar did so as he told.

Putting it into her mouth, the burst of flavors made her crave even more yet before she can take another scoop, Pierre told her three words.

“Melt me inside.”

It was an equivalent to the words ‘I love you.’

She smiled and took another scoop.

“Is this you? Or your heart?” then she swallowed it without hesitation.

“I can eat you all day long.”