1 : home

Victoria's POV

Moving out of your parents house usually means you are not going back but when your father, D one of the biggest Mafia bosses around, calls you just had to give in. My father is ruthless, he will do anything to get whatever he wants, like torture the person you love or worse. He doesn't care if it's his own flesh and blood. That's just how my daddy is. 

As the chauffeur turned onto the street of my childhood home, my heart moved into my butt. Yes, I was scared and I had my reasons.

The car stopped in front of my childhood home, everything was the same since when I left. I walked to the front door and an unfamiliar maid opened it for me. She was wearing a skimpy black dress and her hair was a mess. She looked down at the floor as she passed me. No, she's just another one of Jr's, my oldest brother, whores.

He still don't even have the decency to see them out or call them a ride.

Cheap ass.

I walked inside and the real maid took my  coat revealing my short red silk dress. So remember when I said everything looked the same? I was talking about the outside, the inside was different and the maids were all new.

" Everyone is at the breakfast table, Ms Victoria. '' She says and I walked to the dining room and there they all were as one big happy family. 

My father, Roberto Ross, Mafia don of one the most powerful Mafia gangs. My oldest brother, Roberto Jr. Ross, my father's second in command and my favorite, Victor Ross, the innocent one.

" Did you miss me? " I ask them. They stopped eating to look at me.

" Hello, sis." Victor says dropping everything as he rushed to hug me.

He's taller than me and I'm wearing heels. FYI, I'm 5'7.

" How was your vacation, V? " Jr. asked me as I sat down next to my father.

" Four years away from you guys," I say waving the butter knife around. " amazing. " I say

" Four years away and you're still the same. Still dressing like a prostitute. " Jr. says.

" Yeah, I thought you'd changed too, Jr. but you're still the same. Doesn't even have the decency to give your whores breakfast before letting the maid kick them out. " I say and his face immediately changed. " Just like your father. " I say and I felt a tug on my ponytail hanging from my back.

" Disrespect me like that again and you'll be punished for that, missy. " Daddy dearest says.

" Okay, now let go of my hair. " I told him rolling my eyes.

After our perfect little breakfast I went to my room, and nothing has changed. I was tired and jet lagged. I took my make-up and clothes off before changing into my pyjamas. I went to sleep.

I was tired as hell, I slept till four in the evening. As I opened my eyes I saw her. My best friend. Melanie Stevens. We met on the first day of high school and here we are today still. 

" I heard you were in town so I came to say hello. " She says, giving me a weak smile. 

" Came in this morning but what's wrong? " I ask her.

" Nothing a few drinks and a club can't fix. " She smiles.

" Bitch, tell me now. " I ask her.

" Me and Jr., we hooked up and he just left me the next day. He used me to get your location. " She says and her eyes fill up.

" I should've known. " I say.

" Are you mad? At him, yes. You, no. " I say. " Let's go get drunk and dress up. " 

We took quick showers, separately, before we searched through the hundreds of clothing in my closet, we finally found something for her to wear. I wore a red bodycon leather dress. I wore the black lace up heels with it . I pulled my hair into a sleek back ponytail. I did light make-up and nude lip. 

After our hair and makeup, we went to enjoy ourselves. I got my chauffeur to drive us and pick us up later since we are both going to be drinking. The bouncer removed the red velvet rope just to let us in. The benefit of your uncle owning the. I just hope he's not here. We went to our VIP booth and I ordered the first round of tequila shots. I bought us a bottle and we enjoyed our booth. She started talking about her problems with my brother and how she loved him, nothing new.

While she was talking my eye was on the guy from the booth across from ours. He was hot. He was wearing a black suit and no tie. The top buttons were open. The buzz cut was doing him any bad. He caught me looking and I quickly turned my eyes back to Mel.

Now you wanna pay attention to your drunk friend blabbing about your brother.

" Bitch are you listening to me? " Mel asked me, snapping myself out of my daydreaming about this hunk in the other booth.

" Sorry, I was just thinking about something. " I told her.

" Let's go dance. " She says, rolling her eyes at me.

She took my hand and dragged me onto the dance floor, and we started dancing to the songs that were playing. You know the feeling you get when someone is looking at you? Yeah, that is the feeling I have now. 

" I'm going to the bar. " I tell Melanie to leave the dance floor.

I ordered two tequila shots and a martini. I took the shots back to back and drank my martini in peace while watching over everyone dancing and Mel has a new dancing partner. At the moment, she's grinding on some guy. 

" Your friend's having a good time, why not join her, angel?" The blue eyed Greek god asked me.

" I took a martini break, my name is Victoria not angel. " I told him and took a sip of my martini.

" I'm Devonté . " He smiles.

" Nice to meet, Devonté. " I return the smile.

" The pleasure is mine, angel. " He smiles again.

Am I supposed to be turned on by  this man when he smiles at me?

" So the million dollar question is, why were you staring at me from your booth? " He licks his lips and smirks at me.

" I was just admiring what I saw in front of me. " I smile.

" Me? " He asked .

" Since your friend is occupied, do you wanna go dance with me? " He asked me.

" Why not? " I asked him.

Get him sister.

***

The end of the first chapter of the new version.
It's the same, I know.