12 : check up

Victoria's POV :

****

It has been two weeks since the death of my best friend. When her body was found her older sister was notified and arrange for her to have a proper send off. I was there, she was my best friend and it would be weird if I did show my face atleast.

Devonte is still mad at me for disobeying him but he doesn't show it. I know that non of this would have happened if I just left. I was concerned about her and how was I supposed to know that was going to happen. I do take accountability for my part.

I've been training with Von every day now and I'm really getting better. Isabelle's pregnancy results came as negative even though she had the symptoms.

Yet, again I woke up in my bed without my soon to be husband. I guess everyone and their mother is mad at me. I heard a knock on my door and Laura walked through with her usual bright smile on her face.

" Morning sweetie. Breakfast will be served in a few. " She says smiling

" I'll be down few, let me just get dressed. " I return a equally warm smile.

She left my room and I got our of bed to go grab a pair of sweats from my closet and a hoodie from Devonté's side of the closet. I walked down stairs while tying my hair into a messy bun. I got to the dinning room and saw everyone sitting there but something was different. Von was wearing a sweats and a t-shirt. I guess his not going to work today.

" Morning. " I greeted everyone as I sat down next to Von.

Everyone greeted me back, Von just smiled and squeezed my thigh.

" You need to take me to get my shot. " I whispered into Devonté's ear.

" We'll go after breakfast. " He says and I smile back at him.

The housekeeper started serving our breakfast once we were all at the table. We l ate in silence until Carlos decided to speak.

" So a little birdie told me that you, Victoria, don't wanna stay at home. You wanna be a working woman. " He says breaking the silence.

" That's correct, I didn't get a degree just to be a housewife. " I tell him.

" Okay, you can always work for me. I have a couple of businesses, choose one. " He says.

" You line of work isn't exactly in my interest, Carlos. No disrespect. " I say smiling.

" It's okay. We are family now, right daughter? " He says emphasising the word daughter. " Can I call you that? "

" Do as you please. " I say.

" When is the wedding by the way? " He ask me and I choked.

" I've lost my appetite. " Von says pushing his plate away. " Let's go get ready. " He says.

He took my hand and lead me up to our room. Be threw the door and stormed of to the the closet, without saying anything to me. I just followed him into the closet where was practically fighting with the clothes.

" What's going on? " I ask him as I pulled his body to face me.

" Nothing just leave me alone. " He says.

" No, come here. " I say kissing.

As we kissed I pushed my hand into his pants getting him a little hard. I groans into my mouth and lifted me up on the island that stored our jewelry. I untied his belt and he dropped his pants down. I started giving him a few strokes getting him fully hard for me.

" Stop. Just stop. " He breathes into my mouth.

" Why? I'm throbbing. " I say kissing him.

" I don't fuckin care, get off me. " He says pushing me away.

" Don't you fuckin dare talk to me like that ! " I tell at him, jumping from the island.

" Why do you keep pushing? I don't wanna fuckin want you here right now ! " He yells at me.

" Okay then. From now on, I will make myself invisible to you, Devonté. " I say. I could feel the tears preparing to ball out of my eyes.

I walked out of the closet and went to lock myself in the bathroom. I got undressed and walked under shower. The tears started falling as the water from the shower started running running down my face.

I guess he spoke the truth. As much as he doesn't want me to be here, I don't wanna be here either. My life has been hell ever since I was forced to moved into the hell hole.

I got out after my shower and wrapped a towel around my body and walked out the bathroom. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with his palms in his face. His eyes shot my direction when I walked out. I walked to the closet like I didn't see him there.

" Victoria, I'm sorry. " He says running after me but I quickly closed the door before he could enter.

He started banging on the door for me to open as I got dressed for my doctor. While he was loosing it on the other side of the door I was getting dressed. I pulled my hair into cute sleek back ponytail. I grabbed a coat and pushed the door open.

" Victoria. Don't fuckin ignore me? " He yells at me.

He ran infront of the door but I pushed him away and gave him a death glare and opened the door. I walked downstairs with him still following me yelling but I shut him out.

" Markus get the car ready, please. " I tell him walking to the front door, I could feel his family members watching me.

" Okay ma'am. " He answers.

" Don't you fucking dare Markus ! " He yells pulling out a gun and I stood infront of Markus.

" His taking me to my doctor's appointment and you won't say anything, so put your little gun down, okay. " I say grabbing Markus's hand.

He went to get the car whilst I waited for him at the front door. I got in the car and he drove me to my destination. I got to the doctors office and immediately went inside. I sat infront of my doctor.

" Victoria, what are you doing here today? " Dr. Covington asked me.

" I'm here for my shot. " I tell her.

" Your shot? " She asked looking confused. " You were supposed to get your shot a few weeks back, Victoria. " She says.

" You telling me, I missed my shot? " I asked her.

" Yes. Have you been sexually active in the past few weeks? " She ask me.

" Yes. " I tell her.

" Have you used any protection? " She ask me.

" No because I took my shot... Or I thought I took my shot. " I say.

" Let me so do some test. " She suggest.

She had me undress and lay down on the bed she did a scan. I prayed for it not to be like that, I'm not ready for all that. He isn't ready either and I don't wanna bring a child into this lifestyle but whatever the outcome I'll just have to deal with it.

She couldn't find anything but she did find something. I sighed a sigh of relief. She came back with another doctor to check something and it scared that something really bad might be wrong with me.

He started talking to me and I started shutting him out but the last thing I heard was. " ... The chances of you getting pregnant is really small and if you get pregnant the chance of miscarriage is really high. "

Who knew that those words would destroy the future I had in mind.

*****