25: eye for an eye

Victoria's POV:

I placed my hand onto of his. Nothing but the sound if the machines keeping my husband alive to interrupt my thoughts, the ones about him not making it. He has been laying like this for two days straight with tubes in his nose and a oxygen mask over mouth. I haven't left his side for two days now.

I refuse to leave him again after I just got him back. Dante has organised extra security for me while he is on the hunt to find the person responsible for Devonte's condition. Isabelle and Carter comes to visit in the afternoon bringing me clothes so I can clean up. Carlos and Laura takes the night shift, bringing me dinner.

Carlos and I have gotten really close the past two days, he makes sure that I eat so I keep the baby fed. He is also trying to get Devonte moved to the house and hire a nurse to take care of him.

" Hey, any progress? " Carlos asked me as he and Laura walked into the room.

" No, still the same. " I said.

" We brought you something to eat. " Laura said handing me a bag with snacks and a Tupperware container. " I had them make your favourite for dinner. "

* Thank you. " I smiled before putting the food to the side. " Any news on who did this to him? "

" Not yet. " Carlos answer me. " Don't worry we'll find them and Dante will make them suffer the same fate. "  Carlos reassure me.

Carlos sat down next to me, he held Devonte's hand and started talking to him like nothing was wrong with him. Even though the two of them have their ups and down, they do really deeply care for one another. Laura and I felt the two of them to get coffee from the cafeteria.

" How are you holding up my child. " She asked me.

" I'm just hoping for the best. " I tell her.

" He's a though nugget, don't stress too much about it. " She smiled at me.

" I know but I can't help to think about what if he doesn't make it. We have a child on the way. " I tell her, eating my dinner.

" Have you heard anything from your father? Your brothers? " Laura asked me and I just shook my head.

They don't know and why would I tell them? They don't care about me or my husband. Roberto doesn't even have to know that he has a grandchild on the way. He sold the right for him to know about anything in my life, they say here used me to pay his debts. They were the reason my husband was deprived of knowing about his child on the way. Now that he knows he will miss even more.

" How's Carter doing? " I asked her.

" He's good, he misses you... and Devonte. " Laura smiles.

" I miss him too. "

" His mother dressed him in this cute dog onesie yesterday and he just looked so adorable. " She took out her phone and showed me a picture. She was right he is adorable, as always.

*****

Three months later and I'm five months pregnant. Nothing has changed about Devonte's condition but he was moved home. His father had a room set up for him and hired a nurse to take care of him. Even though I want him to get better, I've gotten use to him not responding.

I came back from my doctor's appointment and the baby is fine. I walked to my room to changed into some sweats and slippers before going to visit Devonte. I walked past Carlos office, the door was slightly open and I hear them talking. They were talking about Devonte.

"I can't tell that her brother shot her husband, that's still her family. " Dante argued with his father.

" She's our family now and nobody is allowed to cause our family pain. Do you know what she's going through? " Carlos asked Dante.

" Father, she's pregnant. What if the stress causes the baby harm? I know how bad they wanted this kid and I'm not going to the cause of anything happening to thay kid. " Dante said in stern voice.

" RJ needs to get what he deserve. It's an eye for an eye, son. " Carlos said loudly.

I turned around on my heel and like always I acted on impulse. I walked up back to my room and changed my clothes. I was wearing a black pant suit, black blouse and black three inch stilettos with my white birkin. I entered the code, my birthday day. I opened the hidden safe in my closet and saw all the guns he has been hiding here in our closet.  I grabbed the pistol and placed it in my birkin.

" Vee! " Isabelle called for me. I quickly shut the safe and grabbed my bag.

" Yeah, I'm in here. " I said walking out.

" Where are you going? " She asked me.

" I uhm... going to meet a girlfriend of mine. She's from Milan. I'm late. " I said walking past her.

I'm a terrible liar, if I have to say so myself.  I quickly left the room before she could catch on or I run my mouth and spill everything. I grabbed the car keys to Devonte's Rolls Royce. I put my bag on the passengers seat before locking myself into my seat. I started the car, I heard a knock on the window.

" Can you give me a lift? " She asked me.

" No, I can't. Bye. " I said pulling out of the driveway.

She looked at me from the end of the driveway and I just drove away. I don't need her questioning me about where I'm going and what I'm doing there. I drove to my father's house and like always they have guards waiting for someone to attack. I got in seeing that they knew who I was.

I parked my car infront of the house, I got out and the door opened. I walked inside and everything looked the same as did last time I was here. My mother made herself comfortable here too, she was sitting in the living drinking tea. I thought she would be dead by now seeing that she's sick.

" Ah, Victoria. " the woman who pushed into the world said surprised to see me. I glared at her as she came closer to me. " Oh my. You're pregnant. " She excitedly exclaimed.

" Don't touch me. " I said pushing her away away from my belly.

" Come sit and drink a cup of tea with me. " She offered taking my hand but I pulled away.

" Where's my father and his goons? " I asked her.

" They are discussing business in ... " Before she could say anything I walked away.  I know where they discuss business so I don't need directions. I burst into the room, making an entrance. Their heads turned to me.

" Hello, family. " I said smiling as I walked closer to them.

" You here for round two bitch? "JR asked me.

" I Would love it but fortunately for you and that dickhead I'm pregnant so I can't. Even though I'll enjoy it. " I said sitting down on the table. " Are you discussing daddy's will? " I asked peaking at the papers infront of my father.

" What the fuck are you doing here? " My father asked me.

" I came to talk to you, grandpa. " I said. " Can you tell dumb and dumber to leave? I need to speak to you alone. "

My father gave them the green light and they left. I sat down infront of my father with my hand on my bag.

" I'm not here to talk, I'm here to warn you. I know what you did. " I said to him.

" Put a hit on your husband? " He smirked.

" Don't fucking smile at me. " I said loudly. I took the gun out of my bag and held it to his head.

" I didn't come her to talk, I came here to warn you. " I said pushing the gun harder against his head. " If my husband doesn't make it to see his child, I'll come for you. "

***

What do you think about this one? I liked writing this one, it gave her the bad girl vibe but what do you think?

Be honest.