22: two months later

Devonté's POV:

It has been exactly two months since she left and that's how long I've been feeling incomplete. It's like the other half of me has torn itself apart from me. She literally completed me, maybe I'm to blame for her departure? If only I have been honest with her from the start, this wouldn't have happened the way it did.

I have searched far and wide, high and low for her but she's nowhere to be found. I almost killed the pilot because she wouldn't tell me. I've spent thousands of dollars on private investigators to even get me a trace of her, all I'm asking is for just one trace of her being alive. That's all I'm asking for.

" Mr. Romano, the PI is here. " My housekeeper said walking into the office of my new apartment.

I couldn't stay in that house any longer, everything reminded me of her and I couldn't look at my father without wanting to blow his fucking brains out.

" Let him in. " I said.

He walked in and st down infront of me, he looked extremely confident so he better give me some hella fucking good news or he'll end up fucked up.

Victoria's POV:

" How far am I? " I asked my doctor.

" About 9 weeks, Ms. Brown. " She said.

" Wow, I didn't even know. " I smiled and felt a tear drop down my cheek.

" You have to be careful, no lifting heavy objects and avoid all stressful situations. " She warned me.

I wiped my stomach and got dressed. I grabbed my bag and left the room. I left the hospital and quickly made my way to my car. I never thought that I would be working a 9 to 5 ever but here I am doing just that. All to start a new life, as Monet Jackson. Monet, has a job and a normal apartment in the city.

I drove to the restaurant where I work and I have to hurry up because my shift is starting in about 10 minutes. I finally got there just in time. I locked the car and walked inside. I went to the locker room and got myself ready. I pulled my hair in a sleek back low ponytail and wrapped the apron around my waist before going on the floor.

" Monet, table four needs service. " My manager, Ross said and I just nodded before grabbing two menu's. U walked over to the two customers whom I assume are a couple.

" Hi, can I start you off with something to drink while you decide on your order? " I asked them with a lovely smile.

" Yeah, I'll have a whiskey on the rocks. " The guy said smiling.

" And I'll have a martini, please. " The lady smiled.

" Coming up. " I smiled before walking away from them. I took their order to the bar.

" It's five o'clock somewhere, right? " Mario laughed as he made their drinks.

I gave him a fake smile and took their drinks to the table. I put it down and took their food orders. I placed their orders in the kitchen and went to go serve my other tables. I got table four's order and took it to their table.

" That looks delicious. " The guy said smiling.

" Yeah, it looks amazing. " They lady agreed.

" Enjoy, call me if you need anything else. " I said smiling before walking away to the next table.

I did a few tables before I went on my lunch break. After getting my food I went back to the restaurant and sat down with the rest of the people on their lunch break, including my "friend" Julien.  I was sitting next to her and we just had a casual conversation.

" Girl, I'm tired of this shit. I just wanna go out and fucking enjoy myself for once. " I said letting out a loud sigh.

" Same. " I said. " Why don't we go somewhere tonight? " I suggested.

" My friend from high school, he is hosting a house warming. We should go. " She said taking out her phone. " I'll text you the deeds. "

My phone went off and I took it from my pocket. I saw the lock screen and smiled for a small second at the image. I still haven't changed the photo from the day I ran away. I miss him, alot but he lied to me. This image of me and Von was the only photo of us consider that he doesn't allow me to take photos of him.

" His cute, you should bring him tonight. " Julien smiled before turning her focus back on her own phone.

" He... uhm... he and I are kinda broken up. "  I explained to her.

" Oh, I'm sorry. " She said removing her face from her phone to hug me but I quickly but gently removed myself from the embrace.

" I need to go back inside. " I said.

I got up and threw what's left of my tuna sandwich in the trash before going back in. I got started on a few more tables before the end of my shift. I took Jules home to get some clothes at her apartment before we went to my apartment and to get ready.

" I'm quickly going to my room, you can use the shower first. " I told her and she went to the bathroom.

I walked to my bedroom and just through my bag on the chair in my room and walked to my closet. I started taking my clothes off.

" So this is where you're hiding? " A familiar mans voice asked me.

" What are you doing here? " I asked backing up against the closet door as he walked closer to me.

" I came to take you home, Monet Brown. "He said in a mocking tone. " You're coming home with me, so pack your shit. "

" You're not telling me what to do, okay. Why don't you  fucking leave? " I said walking away from him.

I searched my bedside table and found what I was looking for, my gun. I point it at him.

" Leave now! " I told him while holding the gun to his face.

" Or what? " He asked me as he walked closer. " You're going to shoot me? "

" Stay and find out.  "

He walked closer and closer and I'm shaking in my pants. " Here, shoot. " He said putting the gun to his head .

We had a stare down. I missed him so much and now I'm holding a gun to his head. I know I will never be able to pull the trigger and kill the father of my child.

" Monet, do you have tampons? " Julien asked. I completely forgot about her. He quickly grabbed the gun and pulled me in to kiss me. " Oh, shit sorry. " She said and I pushed him away.

" They are in the lower draw in the bathroom. "  I told her and she left the room again.

I walked over to the door and locked the door before walking back to him. I raised my hand and smacked him across the face again, he placed his hand over his cheek and smiled. I was weak. I just jumped into his arms and kissed him like a horny teenager.

He layed me down on my bed and got on top of me. We started ripping the clothes off our backs and just through it one side.

" I missed you. " I confess.

*****

Hey. Sorry I haven't posted in a long long time but here's two. Go to the next one and I hope you enjoy. I also need suggestions for a new title or should I keep it.