16 : a night to remember

Victoria's POV:

The trip was amazing and we had tons of amazing engagement sex. That was all nice and delicious but now it's time for us to break the news to his father. I would prefer not telling them and running away, go get married and live life without them but I can't.

When we came home it was night time already so we couldn't tell anyone, not yet. Mel would have been the first to know but she's not here anymore. I still feel guilty for being the reason for her death. May her beautiful soul rest in peace. But we'll have to them today.

" Morning wife. " He kissed me awake.

" Morning, husband. " I smiled.

" You know we'll have to tell them today, right wife. " He says.

" Do we have to? " I ask him.

" Yeah. " He says, kissing my neck.

" Stop. " I giggle.

" Okay but let's go get breakfast. " He smiles.

We got out of bed dressed in our birthday suites. He handed me his shirt and I wrapped my hair into a bun, and we brushed our teeth before going downstairs for breakfast. They were surprised to see us fill our seats at the dining table.

" You're back? " Carlos says sarcastically.

" Yeah, and you aren't getting rid of me anytime soon. " I said, showing him my engagement ring. " Yeah, I'm not stocked to be related to you either. " I add.

" That's good because I was about to send you to the slaughterhouse. " Carlos says.

" Congratulations, brother and my new sisters." Danté smiled.

" Thank you, Danté. " I smiled.

" Now I know you are not going anywhere, congratulations and welcome to the family, forever. " Isabelle smiled at me.

" Yeah. We are going to be sisters for as long as this marriage lasts. " I joke.

" Happy Birthday, sweetheart. " Laura said, kissing Devonte on his cheek.

" What? Is it your birthday today? " I asked.

" Yeah, but it's not a big deal. " He shrugged it off.

" I'm your fiance, how could you not tell me? " I ask him.

" Fiance? " Laura asked.

" Yeah, he proposed.  " I said, flashing the rock  on my finger. I won't ever get tired of flashing the rock on my finger, I'm a fiance now.

" Aww, I'm so happy for the two of you. Congratulations. " She said, kissing my cheek.

-----

After breakfast he went to get ready for work but I had other plans. I'm throwing him a party, not a big one. I'll get some of his friends, if he has friends, and invite them to go to the club with us. The club is where we met after all. When he left I went to Isabelle's assistance.

I walked into her room. She wasn't there but she was in the bathroom throwing up. Shit, she's probably sick as a dog. I walked in the bathroom and she was on her knees in front of the toilet. She saw me and got to her feet before flushing the toilet.

" Hey are you okay? " I asked her.

In her face she looked totally fine and gorgeous. She did mention to me a while back that she and Danté were trying for a baby. So it's probably morning sickness.

" Yeah. I'm fine. " She said.

" Has this been happening often? " I asked her and she nodded.

" I think I'm pregnant. " She smiled, holding the stomach where a little baby might be forming.