8 : training

It's been a week since the shoot out at his warehouse where many had lost their lives. From that night all I could remember was how weak I felt with the gun he had me. I didn't know how to use it if anything might have happened where I had to defend myself in that situation.

Now y'all might say you are the daughter of a mafia boss but my mother chose to keep me away from that life. She didn't want me to be like that. She wanted me to have a normal childhood and I'm glad she chose that for me.

I also remember the girl his people kidnapped that kinda made me fear him a little. The poor girl because of her father's involvement with the mafia she had to suffer. I never had to go through that, thank the heavens.

" Do you still wanna go for training? " He asked me.

" Yes. "  I tell him.

" Then let's get ready. " he says.

Devonté and I went to take separate showers. He hasn't touched me in a week because I don't allow him to. My fear of men reappeared after that night. I saw how merciless he and his family were with that girl. After my shower I went to get dressed. I was wearing a black tights and a hoodie with a tank top underneath a d sneakers. I pulled my hair into a ponytail.

" Are you ready? " He asked me.He was wearing grey sweatpants and hoodie.

" Yeah, let's go. " I say.

We got something to light to eat before we went to the gym but there was an obstacle in our way, his dad.

" Where is she going? " Carlos ask.

" I'm taking her with me to the gym. " Devonté answers him.

" You didn't ask for my permission. " Carlos says, looking me straight into my eyes.

" She is my fucking fiance, I don't fucking need you permission." Devonté says pushing past him.

" If anything happens to her, it'll be on you. " His father yells after us.

We walked into the garage and saw all their luxury cars. Fuck, I would love to take a drive in one of those. He took the keys of the black Audi R8. We got in the car and left the property. We drove to the place where we were yesterday. Seeing the place brought the fear I felt that night back.

We went inside and he took me to an elevator that looks like just another door in the warehouse and we went down stairs. The doors open allowing me to see their training facility. I saw a lot of men in one room, they were all wearing nothing but pants. Some were busy fighting and some were lifting weights etc.

They all had a similar tattoo on their arm, the same tattoo that Devonté had on his forearm.

" Guys !  " He shouted and immediately all their attention was on us.

They all had the same exact expression on their face, they were confused.

" This is my fiance, she's going to train with us today and for as long as she wants. So be gentle with her. " He says.

" Don't go gentle on me. I might be his fiance but treat like you would treat anyone. I'm here to get training, not to make friends. " I told them, he looked at me and I smiled at him.

I wanted them to treat me like they would treat anyone else in the room because I know I can handle them. Before my mom died me and Victor were allowed to go train with Junior but when she died only Vic was allowed because he is a boy.

Devonté and I went to find a place where we could do some stretches before we started. We did some stretches that would allow him to see how flexible I really am and he was surprised, as he should be. We lift a few weights and all the jazz.

Now it's time to do what I came here to do, fight and learn how to use a gun.

" We are going to test your strengths first. " He says.

" You don't have to. I know what I wanna do. " I told him.

" That's not how we do it here. " He tells me.

" But I'm telling you. I wanna fight and learn how to use a gun. " I told him.

" Okay. " He says in defeat.

We went to the shooting range inside. He gave me a gun with paint balls. They had the guns made for them for training. He showed me how to put the gun safety on and how to change the magazine but I wasn't that interested in shooting, I had a really good aim that I know. We shot a few target's which I aced.

" Your fiance is badass sir. " One of the guys says.

" Let's see how badass you are when you are under pressure. " He changed the guns, this one has real bullets in it. One of the guys tossed him an apple and he walked over to the target and placed it on his head.

" What the fuck are you doing? " I ask him.

" Shoot the apple off my damn head. " He shouts.

" What if I hit you? " I ask.

" Then I die. " He smirks.

" Are you fucking kidding me? " I ask him.

" I knew you were a scared little bitch. Let's go home. " He says.

That's it. Nobody calls me a scared little bitch. I pulled the trigger and shot the apple of his head and tossed the gun aside. He came back to me and hugged me but I pushed him away. That was just my instink since, you know. I could see his face change.

" You were awesome babe. " He smiles.

" Who's ass can I kick? " I ask him. I wasn't speaking the adrenaline rush I have was.

" You choose. " He says.

We went to the fighting facility. There was a ring on the left side of the room. He pulled me aside to wrap my hands before I fight and gave me some protective headgear. When that was done I was ready to kick some ass, something I haven't done in years. I climbed into the ring and everyone looked at me.

" Anyone wanna fight? " I asked them.

I wanted to fight them but it didn't look like they wanted to, they were all staring at Danté for some reason. It was like they were waiting for his blessing or something.

" Devonté, why don't you come in here or you Danté. " Danté just stepped into the room.

" Later ! " He shouted.

" Why doesn't anyone wanna fight me? " I asked.

" I'll fight you. " A blonde said walking into the ring.

Was I too excited? I'm shitting myself. His fucking he has a lean but muscular body and 6 feet tall.

" Em, be gentle with my fiance. " Danté says.

" I'm Emmett. " He says .

" Vic. " I say.

" Start ! " Danté yelled.

Why am I excited to get my ass whooped by a guy? He's trained and I'm rusty as an old train.

He threw the first punch centimetres away from my ways but I dodged it. He backed me into a corner and started punching and I held my hands up to block. Danté stopped the fight and came to me.

" Are you okay? " He asked me.

" Just a little rusty. " I told him.

" Tip, think of someone you hate like a high school bully or something. "

When he said that I knew exactly who my target was. The person that abused me for years, my father. Emmett's face was replaced with my father's old face. The fight started and I snapped. I wasn't a rustic train any more. I started punching left, right and then an uppercut. I grabbed him and my knee connected with his stomach. I brought him down and had his arm in an arm bar.

That's how you get a man to tap out.

*****

This is a new chapter. What do you think about it?