CHAPTER ONE

fall 1984

fall 1984

to this day, juno doesn't know why eleven doesn't leave the house when everyone else does. but since hopper won't tell juno about who eleven really is, what happened in hawkins last year, he just minds his business till then.

he has been attending hawkins high for the past few months, it was going alright. however on the first day, juno introduced himself to the class in the worst way possible. probably why no one talks to him

"could you introduce yourself to us, juno?" the teacher asked
"i'm juno york, you call me junebug, i murder you. i'm from forks, washington, i'm here because my parents died three months ago in a car crash, hence the broken arm, oh and i'm living with jim hopper because he's my godfather...no questions please"

it had been a month or so, he hasn't really talked to anyone. not that he wants to make friends or cares to. it was currently october, and halloween was just around the corner, juno loved the holiday so much.

he loved the autumn weather in general
he loved scary movies
and most of all he loved halloween, dressing up in different costumes every year.

juno was leaving for school, when he ran into eleven on his way out.

"hey, el what's up?"
"you're going to school" she stated
"that i am, if you want any more comics, you know where to find them" answered juno

eleven wanted to say something to the teen but instead just stared as he grabbed a waffle and ran out the door, wishing her good bye once more.

at school, juno was stuffing his locker with his items that were not needed at the moment, and his lunch. when he closed the locker, the teen was off to class when he saw a couple making out in the hallway. juno rolled his eyes at the action before heading down the hall trying to avoid any more teens making out.

"i know all your minds are on halloween, but i just want to remind you that there is a test this friday on chapters 3-5, so please be prepared" answered the math teacher

the classroom groaned heavily, the teacher just waved it off, as he started to hand out class work for the rest of the class. once juno was handed the class work, he got a headstart not waiting for the teacher to give instruction. and if it was anything like other times, it was group work and juno hated group work with a passion.

lunch time couldn't come any sooner, juno was eating his ham and cheese sandwich, while reading his comic book. it was an ant-man issue, he picked his head up and looked around the lunch room, seeing people talk with one another; juno likes to convince he's fine without friends, but maybe he was so use to having no friends but maybe he wasn't okay.

"hi! newbie" said a girl smiling down at him
"oh, uh hi?"
"i'm having a party this halloween, you should come back!" she said handing him an orange flier with the address and everything