CHAPTER TEN

march 27th, 1986hawkins, indiana

march 27th, 1986
hawkins, indiana

reporters have been everywhere, bothering the citizens of hawkins. the byers, juno, argyle and maise were still in hawkins for a few more days before they had to head back. eleven, unfortunately will not be returning with them and was stuck back in the cabin with hopper.

"i can stay too" juno offered "finish off at hawkins"

"no, you go to california, tell him to go" hopper said, finishing up breakfast

"go to california, and graduate" answered eleven

"but you guys won't be able to come see me" juno frowned

hopper said joyce is going to send pictures but juno fought back saying it wasn't the same. hopper rolled his eyes before eleven asked if juno was going to see steve before they leave. juno doesn't answer as maise exits the bathroom.

"thanks for breakfast, mr. hopper"

"please, just hopper"

maise nods before asking juno what were the plans for the last day. juno shrugs his shoulders, laying knowing exactly what he was doing today but didn't want to talk about it.

juno had first stopped by the hospital, knowing that lucas would be there with max, still reading the book. when he arrived, lucas was exactly where he was sitting when juno first came.

"hey, how's it going?" juno asks

"still nothing" lucas says

"she has to make it through, i know it" answered juno, before sitting across from lucas

"it's my fault"

"no, don't say that, you told me what happened, it is not your fault, it was way out of your hands" answered juno

"but if-"

"lucas, you cannot blame yourself for this, it's not your fault, i promise"

lucas nods his head before muttering something under his breath. juno asks what he says.

"we were supposed to go to the movies together, after everything, i should've reached out more, before all of this. i know she broke up with me because of everything going on with her but i still cared, i should've stuck by her side"

"you did everything you could, don't be so hard on yourself"

lucas just stays quiet before he asks if this was juno's last day. juno nods her head, before saying that it was indeed.

"i'm gonna miss you" lucas says

"i'm a phone call away, i promise"

"you'll actually pick up this time?"