CHAPTER ONE

october 5th, 1985lenora hills, california

october 5th, 1985
lenora hills, california

juno believed when he was coming to california it was for the best, meaning that he would start fresh even if he lost hopper. but all of that changed when steve harrington broke up with him. it had been about at least three months since hopper passed away and weeks since steve broke up with him.

school wasn't any better.

starting new in a new school in a new state was never great. he would know, he's done it twice. and like before, juno finds himself isolating from everyone else but not when it comes to eleven. it was her first time attending school and not the school of hopper. so juno tries to check in on her as much as he can. other than that juno just been to himself, focusing on his senior year and trying hard for his mood not to consume him.

joyce got a new job in telemarketing, while will and eleven are adjusting to their first year in high school. jonathan's made a friend named argyle.

juno doesn't know much about him, except that he drives a surfer boy van and gets high. but overall, juno thinks he's pretty cool

every day since they got the phone up and running, juno hopes that steve calls but he never does. but juno still waits every day once he arrives from school. at first he would sit by the phone for hours, not moving till someone told him to. then it was for at least an hour of waiting, now juno just waits thirty minutes. but recently juno never waits around anymore.

but nothing convinces him that steve isn't going to call. and even if juno has the power to call steve himself, he doesn't. so it's an endless cycle.

halloween is this month, and juno would usually be so excited for the holiday but this year he was not in the mood to celebrate halloween. instead he found himself drowning in homework and listening to his tapes. joyce tries to get juno out and about but the teen refuses and just remains in his bed till dinner and then till the next day.

currently, juno was in AP english, trying to focus on the class assignment when he finds himself looking off in the distance before hearing his name being called.

"mr. york-hopper, do i have your attention?"

joyce decided to put juno in at school as juno york-hopper. it's a mouthful and odd name but juno doesn't mind it, he loves it. so hearing the last name being called, juno turns to the teacher, seeing an annoyed look on his face.

"sorry, what's up?"

"what is up, is that ms. gonzalez would like to speak with you in her office"

juno let out a light sigh, before grabbing his stuff and heading down the hall to see the school's guidance counselor. as juno makes his way, he sees a classroom with will and eleven in there; he stops to wave at the two before running off in case he gets caught by their teacher.

ms. gonzalez, sat across from juno, as she read his file in front of him. the teen wanted to leave the office. this whole talking to the counselor while being new to the school and town was a lot like juno's first year at hawkins with ms. kelly.