CHAPTER TWO

tw// talk of depression, attempted suicide

november 10th, 1985lenora hills, california

november 10th, 1985
lenora hills, california

it had been about a month since juno joined the rowing team. and yes they did in fact get jerseys, they still working on getting sweatshirts; while that was happening the team continued trying to figure out juno's nickname.

juno now had a group of people to sit with at lunch, and his friendship with maise continued to grow, and argyle continued to remind him about talking to maise for him. now with eleven it seemed like the bullying had died down for a bit, but that didn't entirely mean anything. juno just hopes it doesn't get worse than this.

of course juno and will have been helping her with her homework, and she seems to be getting a hang of it. things were starting to get better for juno.

robin and him still kept in contact, but he didn't bother to ask about steve and robin didn't mention him (even when she talked about work). juno thinks it's better this way, that he didn't know what was up with steve and how he was doing since their break up. juno however really misses robin a lot, missed their talk about being roommates in california; juno would joke about how he was apartment hunting now. robin would also bring up operation croissant and where they should visit once they get to europe. juno was indeed excited

juno had also been talking to nancy, who mentioned she applied for an early decision for emerson. she asked if juno had done the same but he responded that he didn't because he still wanted time to not worry too much about acceptance till next year when everyone else would. nancy also tried to avoid talking about steve but would say subtle things like: "he doesn't seem entirely happy" but who knows what that meant.

but juno was fine, he was content with his california life, which he mentioned to nancy who took full credit by saying that she was the one who said california would have the answer to everything. juno couldn't help but agree, she was 100% right.

so with juno being in love with his new california life, he believes nothing can bring him down that was till mike wheeler ruined everything. juno knew he hated that little bugger for a reason.

okay, so technically he didn't do anything wrong expect for sending eleven a letter, being all lovey dovey and rubbing right into juno's face! i mean seriously? he just got broken up with ste-! okay maybe not recently but still!

juno was starting to realize how his overreaction for mike's letter was a bit too much, plus seeing his sister happy was better than seeing her upset over angela and her minions. so juno didn't end up ripping mike's third letter. but that didn't mean he didn't want to.

but then something happened a week after mike started sending letters, well at least after his fifth letter.

it was a wednesday afternoon, and the mail had just arrived; juno rolled his eyes as he dragged himself up from the table and to the front of the house, yelling out to eleven that the mail was here. believing that mike probably sent one.