CHAPTER FOUR

march 21, 1986lenora hills, california

march 21, 1986
lenora hills, california

"no way, no way! no way..." juno had three different octaves of expressing his no way

"i know! i know!" maise answered cheering

"ah! i'm so happy for you" juno answered hugging her tightly

maise told juno that her and eloise are dating and that they finally decided to share their feelings for each other. juno and her jumped up and down cheering before finally stopping realizing they look insane in the small cafe they were in.

"and here i thought it was something with harvard acceptance"

"i got harvard in the bag" answered maise

juno and maise entered the school to notice the banner of the countdown to spring break reading: '1 more day' it was just around the corner and juno knew that him and maise were going to be making a trip to washington with the time being.

"i can't wait for our trip to washington"

"me too, i mean, it's been a long time for me" answered juno

maise said that they'll make it as fun as it seems, juno nodded before they headed off to class, it was the last day of classes before spring break. maybe this time, break will actually be fun and not nerve wracking for anyone. unlike juno, jonathan decided to stay behind with argyle for the spring break.

as him and maise enter woodshop class, they find jonathan and argyle at a table in the back, talking about who knows what.

"what's going on?" maise asked taking a seat

"i'm just asking jonathan why nancy isn't coming here if she's his girlfriend"

"nancy's just ambitious, she's got a lot on her plate and just wants to be prepared before school ends" juno said

"that's exactly what i said" jonathan answered

"i just think jonathan needs some sweet lovin'" argyle answered

juno covered his ears saying can they please talk about something else that wasn't jonathan's love life. so jonathan asked juno if he saw el's project for class.

"i did i mean i don't think she did the assignment right but i couldn't turn to her and say it's wrong, her heart was in the right place" juno answered

maise asked what was the assignment which caused juno to explain they had to have a visual presentation on a historical figure and el ended up doing their dad, jim hopper for her presentation. maise awed at the response saying that was sweet, juno nodded in agreement.

"alright we need to finish our bird house before class ends"

"look at mine, it's a weed-er" joked argyle

"love it" maise answered, unsure how to tell argyle she wasn't interested in him anymore