CHAPTER ELEVEN

heading back to the mall sent juno another wave of worries, because the only reason the mind flayer would be going back was for eleven

heading back to the mall sent juno another wave of worries, because the only reason the mind flayer would be going back was for eleven. he just had to keep his worries at bay, as jonathan reached the mall closer.

lucas grabbed a box that he got from the store, juno examined it and asked what they were for.

"these's fireworks are so dangers, they can help us with at least trying to harm the mind flayer"

the others gathered around looking into the box before juno said it was worth a shot. everyone who could, grabbed a firework, and quietly entered the mall. from the entrance, juno can see that the mind flayer was focused on something, someone. so they all took the opportunity to light their sticks on fire.

they all went on different sides of the railings, looking down and just as the mind flayer was just about to attack el, lucas yells out: "take this you ugly piece of shit!"

the first throw hit the mind flayer in the mouth, and everyone started through there's, one after another. just to harm the creature enough, to get el out of there. they kept going through as much as they can. but from where juno was standing, he can see below even with the fireworks hitting the mindflayer, it didn't distract billy from still catching el from escaping. juno couldn't just stand there, he had to help her. so he ran, ran down to eleven and try to help her.

"juno, where are you going?" shouted steve

but he ignored him, rushing down to help his sister. juno was certain that once the others noticed him, they also shouted at him to stop. there were many times juno told himself to never be the hero, because heroes get killed, unfortunately but eleven was family. juno couldn't idly sit by and wait till something happened. even if he dies trying to save her, at least he tried.

"get away from her!" juno shouted, grabbing hold of billy and off the body of eleven.

did juno believe he could take on billy hargrove after last year's fight? yes, but billy hargrove being possessed, juno knew he had 0% chance of winning. when billy turned to look at juno, the hargrove teen had this scary look on him. juno walked back, before billy grabbed3 hold of juno's throat. the teen felt his breath going away, as he tried to get billy's hand off of him. there was no use, because then billy threw juno onto the ground hard.

juno let out a loud gasp before cough instantly, he slowly rolled on his stomach and saw billy back on attacking eleven but it had stopped. eleven must've said or done something to cause billy to stop her from getting hurt.

juno was still catching onto his breath, before looking at the mind flayer, and then back at billy who stood up. the teen wasn't sure what was going to happen, but what did happen next, juno was surprised.

billy stopped the mind flayer from attacking eleven, so instead the mind flayer took billy instead. juno had no thought running in his mind, but he looked over and saw max watching the whole thing. juno felt sorry for her, but he didn't feel sorry for losing billy. but juno would never say that outloud to anyone but himself.