CHAPTER FIVE

the group sat at home, unsure what to do or say

the group sat at home, unsure what to do or say. why did joyce leave now? that's when there was a knock on the door. juno groaned as he got up and made his way over. when juno opened the door, there stood three people in suits, that wasn't good news.

"hi, mind if we come in?"

"don't know who are you?"

"we're friends of jane..."

juno put two and two together before stepping to the side and letting them in. maise noticed and asked juno what was going on.

"uh...maise, come here"

juno dragged maise to the other room.

"who are those people?"

"listen, the people who are here, and what they're about to say....is out of this world, and i know it's going to sound insane but you have to keep an open mind..."

"juno, you're scaring me"

"remember when you said to tell you anything?"

"yeah"

"this is that"

maise stayed quiet for a few moments before they both returned into the room.

"hawkins is in danger" started the woman

"what!" exclaimed the byers, mike and juno

"there's something terrible going on in hawkins and we need eleven to be at her best to stop this danger"

"where is she?" asked juno

"somewhere safe for now, that's all i can tell you. till then, you will be watched over by my colleagues"

"so they're glorified babysitters? real nice" answered jonathan

mike shouted that they needed to go back to hawkins because their friends and family were still there. the woman answered that they were not to leave here, and that eleven would be their answer to stop this.

"she's just a kid" juno answered

"yes, but she's our greatest weapon"

juno frowned at the comment before getting up and going to the kitchen. it wasn't fair, how could this happen? well in reality, what is happening? what was going on in hawkins? was robin safe? nancy? the other kids?...steve?

was eleven alright? was she going to be alright? so many things ran around juno's head, he couldn't wrap around it.

jonathan, maise and juno were all in the kitchen, unsure what to do.

"i just don't understand all of this"

"it's complicated but trust me" answered juno

maise stares at him with uncertainty before finally saying okay.