STRANGER THINGS DAY

1994

The sound of rain pouring down outside caused Juno to tear himself away from the bed and tip toe out of the room, without wanting to wake up the person who was sleeping beside him. The young adult finally reached out of the bedroom before entering the kitchen to start up coffee before getting ready for his day.

"Did you plan on seeking out?" a voice emerges

"Ah!" Juno yelped at the sound

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" it was Steve

Juno waved him off, sharing that Steve didn't scare him at all. As if Juno wasn't trying to calm his heart down. Steve smiled before walking over to get breakfast ready. It was such a rainy day, Juno didn't want to leave the comfort of their home to go into the office and Steve didn't want to leave to go teach his little ones.

But they both had responsibilities that needed to be met.

"What if we played hooky today?" asked Juno

"I don't think we can or should" Steve shared

"Why not? We can take the train and go see Robin, or even visit Maise and Eloise!"

Steve turns to Juno, giving him a soft smile before placing a kiss on his lips and walking away into the bathroom.

"That was a nice trick to get into the bathroom first" Juno yells before hearing Steve's laughter.

Juno had his article due today, but as mentioned the rain was not helping his case with wanting to go to work. Rainy days for Juno meant snuggling up at home, in comfort and drinking hot chocolate and watching movies. But they were grown up now, and they had things to do and couldn't take days off because of the comfort from the rain. As Juno starts to leave, he calls out to Steve to say goodbye.

Steve walks over with his teacher outfit ready; Juno smiles as Steve walks over and kisses him on the lips before pulling away. There was a soft and comforting silence between them before Juno says: "tonight, movie night"

"I'll be there"

"I'll pick up dinner" Juno whispered

"I'm starting to like your idea of playing hooky"

"So you'll reconsider?"

Steve shook his head before kissing Juno's forehead and wishing him goodbye. Juno groans before leaving the house.

Juno was proof reading his article that he had to submit for today, wishing he was instead at home doing it. The sound of soft chatter around Juno irritated him a bit, as he grabbed his headphones and placed them over his head and lightly blasted his CD, The Smiths' Louder than Bombs

After a few minutes, Juno glances at his watch to see he still had long hours to come. All Juno could do is count the days till he gets to go home to Steve.