CHAPTER TEN

seattle, washington

seattle, washington

july 6th, 1984

when juno was at least 6 years old, he never in a million years thought his parents would die, he just thought they lived forever and ever. but what happened was something that juno never planned or thought it would; especially after recently losing his grandmother.

for the fourth of july weekend, his parents and juno headed off to stay at seattle and check out the beach. it was a nice scene for a change, being away from forks, and after the lost of grandma lottie; the family arrived on the 2nd and were staying till the 6th at least.

they were currently at the beach, where juno was getting ice cream for himself up on the pier. he liked being away from forks, being away from everyone and just being here with just him and his family. when juno got back to the towels with his mom, he plopped down next to here before asking if they really had to go back to forks today.

"vacation is over" said cecilia

"no, we can stay here, hell, we can move here!" answered juno

"juno, i know you like it here, but forks is our home"

"i guess" juno mumbled

camilia let out a small laugh before they continued back to relaxing on the towels before it was time to have their last meal here in seattle.

"well, juno did you like being here in seattle?" arthur asked

"i sure did, in fact i don't ever wanna leave" juno said smiling

"sorry, kiddo, vacations over, we gotta go back to reality"

"i hate reality, it's the worse"

arthur and cecilia just let out a small laugh before they changed the subject. they knew why juno didn't want to go back for reasons; one of them being how he was treated around town and at the school, unfortunately it wasn't anything new. when they first moved here in 1964, they got a lot of stares from people being an interracial couple. then when juno was born, and he got older, other moms told cecilia that there was something off about juno and that he didn't act like other boys.

but cecilia always overlooked it, she didn't care because juno was who he was supposed to be. there was a point where the mothers didn't invite juno to any of their kids' parties even though the teachers always said to invite everyone.

and when there was gatherings, juno would end up staying by cecilia's side because of the fact that the kids were told to never talk with juno.

"you got one more year before your off to university of north carolina chapel hill, geez that's a long ass name" arthur said

"i can't wait, i loved visiting it when we went last year, it felt like home"

"and you'll get in 100%"