CHAPTER SEVEN

SEPTEMBER 20, 1984 hawkins, indiana

SEPTEMBER 20, 1984
hawkins, indiana

it was juno's first birthday without his parents, he wasn't sure how to celebrate. should he even celebrate? would it be appropriate to celebrate? juno heard a knock on his door, causing him to look up and see hopper standing there.

"you ready for school?"

juno wasn't sure if hopper knew it was his birthday, but juno can't blame him for not knowing. the young teen replied that he was before getting up and following hopper out of the door. juno waved bye to eleven before officially leaving the house. they were driving down the street, the radio played softly in the background

"you doing well there? how's everything been adjusting and such" asked hopper
"it's been okay..." respond juno
"yeah? school? i haven't heard any complaints about you or anything"
"well, i usually the kid who's quiet and sticks to the wall" answered juno

hopper just nodded slowly, before they finally arrived at the school and hopper stopped at the beginning for the entrance before juno got out and waved bye. juno didn't expect anyone to know it was his birthday, it's not like he knows anyone anyways.

the young teen, unlocked his locker before it slammed quickly in front of him, almost getting his finger caught in them.

"oopsie! did we scare you, newbie?" it was tommy h

juno took in a deep breath before unlocking it again, placing his stuff away and taking out anything he needed, just as he turned around he felt someone tug on him; pushing juno against the locker and closing it once again. the hoodie that juno had on was tight indicating that his hoodie was locked between the locker door.

"stay put, newbie" tommy h said, before walking off with his friends.

juno dropped his items, and struggled getting out of his hoodie before hearing a pair of footsteps approach him.

"what's your locker combo"
"04-15-00" juno grumbled

the locker clicked and juno was free from the tighten, before turning around to see some guy with some great hair. juno, took in a deep breath and gathered his items before looking at the guy once more and said: "thanks for that,"
"no problem, and don't mind tommy h., he's...well, tommy h." answered the guy

juno nodded before leaving to class, before hearing the guy yell out to him: "steve...harrington"
"huh?"
"my name, it's steve"
"oh...cool, i'll see you around"

in all honesty, juno forgot his name by the third period.

when lunch time came around, juno was in the library, flipping through the pages of his textbook for homework. juno was so in his thoughts about so much, like his birthday, his first birthday without his family, is he really celebrating his birthday?