CHAPTER EIGHT

jonathan was driving recently, when argyle noticed a surfer boy's pizza and commented on how he didn't know they were expanding to nevada before telling domino's to watch out

"how far is nina from vegas?" asked maise

"about 90 miles, why?" answered jonathan

"because maybe once we save el, we can stop by vegas and she can like, make us super rich"

"we can probably play d & d and nintendo for the rest of our lives" will said

"or something" maise joked

juno was just happy that he'll see el soon and that they'll be back together again. maise looked over at juno and asked if he was alright.

"yeah, i'm just excited to see el, and i kind of just want everything to be over so we can finish up senior year"

"yeah, that's the big thing"

"you good?"

"i called my mom when we stopped at the motel, uh...we had a long talk which is why i took forever on my way back"

juno asked if everything's alright

"she's not, she has to go back into rehab, she relapsed...and i just, don't know what to do"

"what do you mean?"

"i feel like i can't go far away, what if something happens to her? i just, i want to be able to do my own things but what if i can't, because i'm the only one who's there"

"what if i said, you didn't have to worry so much about her"

maise was confused by the comment

"i mean, i get it, you're scared for her, you're worried but you also shouldn't be putting your needs after hers, your needs come first"

"i know but i just...i'm so scared, i mean after what happened to you, i got flashbacks to when i was a kid, and how i had to call 911 at the age of 9, because my mom overdose"

juno asked what did her mother say

"she said that same thing as you, to not let her stop me from going forward, she wants me to have this future i've created for myself, but i can't help but feel so guilty"

"which makes sense, listen, in the end, you choose, it's up to you, and whatever it is, i promise it'll be okay, and we all will support you regardless"

"thanks, i mean part of me would love to go to dartmouth, i be near my dad and his family. i would get to know my siblings more, but my mom"

juno rubbed her back before maise gave him a smile and said she had a lot to think about. when juno looked back at mike and will, he noticed will looking out the window, tears falling down his face.