CHAPTER FOUR

JUNE 21, 1984forks, washington

JUNE 21, 1984
forks, washington

"mother, father, i've return from war" juno exclaimed as he got off the bus and tackled his parents into a hug

"we're so glad to see you son, how was music camp?" responded arthur

"dreadful, i hate mosquitoes, who agreed to this?"

arthur and cecilia rolled their eyes at juno, before they got into the car and said: "uh...juno, so we know you just got back from summer camp but we have to make a trip"

"oh okay, where to?"

"well, uh...your grandma lottie only has so much time left...we thought of going to hawkins to visit her"

"we're going to hawkins after all these years?" juno asked

"your dad is putting all his issues to the side about hopper, because this is his mother" responded cecilia

juno nodded before asking when they were leaving, arthur said they're leaving tomorrow morning.

arriving at hawkins, to juno it honestly looked the same from when juno came when he was 11 years old. that was about seven years ago, juno looked at the scenery as they drove into hawkins from the airport. it was about an hour or two from the airport and juno was ready to see his grandma.

juno lowers the volume of his walkman, before hearing his parents' conversation.

"are you sure you're okay with coming back?"

"yes, this is my mother we're talking about, i can't just not visit her because of some bozo"

"arthur, breathe in and out, not only are you here for your mom, but think of juno..."

juno tried to look elsewhere, to make sure his parents didn't notice he was staring at them. so juno turned up his volume, so he didn't continue to eavesdrop.

the yorks arrived at grandma lottie's house; arthur got down and went to greet his mother, who stood at the door entrance of the house. while juno and cecilia stood by the car, letting them have space. the young teen, stared for a few moments before juno was noticed by his grandma.

"is that my little judie?"

juno felt his face turn red, if juno had to rank his nicknames it would go like this.

juno

junebug

judie

juno hated judie, for some reason, it just made him feel all small again. but then again, it was his grandma so he doesn't get a say if he liked it or not. so instead, juno just smiles and walks over and hugs his grandma. he felt no air before finally pulling away and asking how she was doing.