CHAPTER TWO

the weekend at home didn't do any justice for juno, besides cleaning around the house and watching over el while hopper was out

the weekend at home didn't do any justice for juno, besides cleaning around the house and watching over el while hopper was out. he couldn't help but think of the vague memory of the guy who helped him to the police station.

like juno said, he doesn't really care about the names of people at school. the pounding headache he had didn't add much either.

when school started up the following week, hopper seemed more on the cheerier side, probably for the sake of eleven, and he was probably still upset with juno. yet, juno was eating a triple decker waffle, which was extremely sweet but he didn't mind.

"...don't worry you'll see him soon"
"friends don't lie" snapped el

juno was confused before el went on

"you say 'soon' on day 21, you say 'soon' on day 205, you now say 'soon' on day 326?"
"what're you counting the days like you're a prisoner?" asked hopper
"i mean she hasn't been out..."

hopper looked at juno, who quickly shut his mouth, that meant he was still on hopper's bad side. el asked when does 'soon' actually come, and all hopper can say that it would be when it was no longer dangerous for el.

eleven kept pushing, she obviously was irritated and tired of waiting for when she came out, even if juno didn't entirely know what the story was. but eleven started to grow more angier, she kept yelling to the point where she flicked her head forward and the plate went flying against hopper.

juno's eyes widened, with shock. hopper told juno to grab his stuff and wait for him in the car.

"bu-"
"now, juno!" answered hopper

juno gathered his stuff, he clearly wasn't supposed to see that.

on the way to school, juno can feel the tension in the car, he wanted to ask about el, what was her backstory that hopper wasn't telling him, and how did el do that whole plate trick thing. but instead, juno stayed quiet; the teen saw hawkins high up ahead before the car finally stopped.

"remember home right after school"
"i know, hopper" answered juno

as juno turned around to look at him, it seemed like hopper wanted to say something but instead just brushed it off. juno walked right into the school, ignoring everyone on his way to his locker, he can see ms. kelly from the corner of his eye. in hopes of not wanting to interact with her, juno quickly closed his locker and headed straight to gym class.

on his way over, he saw jonathan from the party on his way to class, and walked over to him, tapping him quickly on the shoulder.

"hey! sorry about yesterday" answered juno, he did feel bad for just disappearing on jonathan
"it's fine, i'm glad you're okay and hopefully got home safe" answered jonathan
"i did, grounded for three weeks but yes, i got home safe" responded juno