CHAPTER THREE

the following day, juno found hopper cleaning up the mess that el made last night

the following day, juno found hopper cleaning up the mess that el made last night. when hopper noticed juno, he said that he won't be able to take juno to school today. the teen nodded saying that it was fine, before asking if he needed any help with cleaning up.

"you go, alright?" hopper answered

"okay, i'll be back...bye el!" juno shouted

but it was quiet, so he just left as it was and headed off to school.

juno was walking off to school, his walkman blasting ABBA in his ears when he heard a horn honk at him. for some reason, juno thought it was hopper, catching up but instead saw steve slowing down in his car.

"what do you want, stevie nicks?"

"isn't stevie nicks a woman?" asked steve

"yeah?" juno asked

steve rubbed his face before asking if juno wanted a ride to school. the teen looked at the road ahead before finally saying: "i guess, but i wanna put fleetwood mac"

"no, no, no! you're-" but once juno sat down, he placed the cassette tape in and blasted the music

arriving at school, juno and steve got out of the car; they were about to head in without a worry when they heard billy hargrove's voice emerge from behind them. juno groaned just hearing billy, preparing for whatever he was about to say.

"look it here, hawkins' first gay couple, oh how the mighty have fallen, king steve" billy said

steve stood there, not saying anything but avoiding everyone's eye contact. juno, glanced over at him before looking at billy and said: "gee, is your dick so small you have to push everyone else around?"

a choir of 'ohs' came from the guys around billy

of course, billy didn't like being made fun of around others; so that really pushed his buttons. billy marched right over to juno ready to tackle him but steve ended up standing between the two and said: "just let us off to class, you got the rest of the day to bother us"

juno's heart beat slowed down before finally, he felt steve turn him around and harshly push him into the school building.

"ow! you're digging into my shoulder!" juno snapped, shoving steve off of him

"only quickest way to get of us out of that mess" answered steve

juno rolled his eyes before walking off to class, leaving steve to stand there.

when juno entered english class for the day and saw that once again, no jonathan. it confused juno but he didn't think much of it, in fact he just wanted this day to be over. but he wasn't sure if he wanted to head home where it was practically destroyed, but he was still grounded. that's when an idea crossed in juno's mind.