Chapter 49 (Nick's POV)

My hand gripped the wheel harshly with how pissed off I'd been. That girl's going to make the biggest mistake of her life, but she won't listen to reason. Once she's married into the Bratva they'll own her. She takes it as me being jealous of that shrimp dick little bitch of a Russian. Why should I be jealous? Because he's going to have her? 

Fine with me. 

I have women falling at my feet with the power I hold and the looks I have. Why should I put her on a pedestal amongst all these women? Who is she to me? 

I texted a girl who I know fucks like a porn star because I needed to blow off some steam. She'd fuck me right and I would forget all about the girl I just kicked to the curb and left behind. I tried ignoring the gnawing feeling in my gut telling me I did the wrong thing there. 

But fuck it, I don't care.

        It'd only been 10 minutes and I was pulling up to the chick's house to get my dick wet. My phone started going off, but I was tempted to ignore it. Why would Dom call me twice though? Unless he knew I left his cousin on a random curb and drove away like a prick. He was probably going to cuss me out, but he's also scared of me. 

I noticed over these past few weeks just how much he feared me when he found out I was railing his cousin, and still said nothing to me about it. 

I saw how he flinched when I had him come along during some business where I almost clipped a man's nuts off. It was for withholding information I wanted from a deal that'd gone sideways. He acts tough, but I know his insides haven't fully hardened the way my father, brother, and I have. He's still a decent person.

I decided to listen to my gut and answer his call. 

        "Yeah?" I cut to the chase. "Are you with my cousin?" he asked right away. "Nah," was all I said, but I paused to see if he'd mention why he'd asked. "Well, were you recently with her?" He adjusted his question. "Uh, yeah. Why?" I finally decided to ask. 

"I need to know where she is Nico," his voice sounded worried, which made something in my gut spoil. "I left her about 10 minutes ago. She's...fuck I don't know what street that was," I admitted a loud. 

I just pulled over and kicked her out without really looking around as to where we'd been. "Why'd you leave her in a random place? Did she tell you who she was meeting?" Dom asked, clearly not understanding why I left her somewhere. 

I sighed and decided to clarify so I could understand why the guy was so panicked.

        "We had a fight, Dominic. I pulled over and kicked her out, alright?" my voice was clipped, but I knew it was because I didn't agree with what I did. And if he called me out on it then I'd feel like a dick. "You...ugh, okay you can't help me," Dom sounded like he was about to hang up. "Woah, wait, what's going on?" I asked. 

The girl I'd texted had already come to the door when she heard my car pull up, but I was still seated in my car on the phone call. She had on this skimpy little outfit with her hair done up for me. She had a pair of 'fuck me' heels on knowing I liked to throw her against a wall and fuck her in them.

        "I don't think...I don't think I should tell you what she last said to me," he noted something. I could hear in his voice that he regretted calling me. "Dom, don't make me ask you again. Is she in danger? Did something happen?" I asked. 

I hoped by my tone of voice that he could tell that's something I'd care to know, even if I wouldn't say that to him straight up. 

"Your brother came to my house looking for Gia. My mom called her to see where she was. Gia said she'd send Vin her location to come meet her. She also already texted me to pick her up from the same spot...so when my mother called in a panic saying she received a weird message from Gia I got worried," he explained, but there was obviously more to the story.