Chapter 60

Dominic called me and asked if I'd come hang out with him today. I was happy about that. Since moving in with Mikhail, and Dom moving up the ranks the way he is, we haven't dedicated much time to each other. I invited him here, but he asked if I'd come to him, so I decided it'd be nice to go home for a little bit. Mikhail had a car for me, so I just took it and drove to the house.

 My aunt and uncle weren't going to be there according to what Dom said. I didn't get to ask where they were because one thing led to another and he was telling me to get my butt over there.

        When I pulled up to the house I felt that yearning for the feeling of home. I quickly parked and rushed to the door. I had the key, so I didn't bother knocking. It's my home still. I would feel weird knocking. "Domi" I called out as I opened the door. His figure appeared right away and he opened his arms to me. 

"Hey, how've you been?" he asked, giving me a hug. "I'm fine. How are you?" I asked, but he was surveying my face. 

"You look tired," he said. I looked away from him and shrugged. "I'm fine," I lied. "Well...as much as I wanna see you, I lied about why I called you over here," he fidgeted with his hands.

"What is it?" I asked and I felt myself practically palling. "It's nothing bad. Shit, sorry I should've been more sensitive to your disposition lately," he scolded himself. "Oh...what is it?" I asked again, more curious now. 

"Downstairs," was all he said. I looked at him in confusion, but he shooed me to our basement door which leads to the entertainment room. "Did you get me something?" I smirked. "Go go," he kept pushing me down the steps. 

        When we got to the bottom I paused, then looked back to my cousin. "He asked me to," Dom shrugged, then gave my shoulder a light squeeze before going upstairs. "Nick?" I had to ask. I was shocked to see him. I wasn't expecting it to be him down here. He hasn't spoken to me in weeks. "Hey" was all he said, and his tone was how I imagine a dog with its tail between its legs would sound like. 

"Hey? Really? " I scoffed. Last time we spoke he was telling me he wanted me to be with another man. He said work came first, so why the fuck was he here? He walked over and pulled me to him, but I fought his grasp and pushed him away. "What do you want?" I snapped. 

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. I gasped.

"Oh my god, Nick, what happened?" I asked, rushing towards him now. His fists were a deep purple and some of his fingers were wrapped like maybe they were broken. "It's nothing. I'm fine. I wanna know how you are. I heard you aren't sleeping," he said, studying my face. I paused.

        "W-why do you care?" I asked in a weaker voice. His hand came up to my face, but stopped just before he made physical contact. When I didn't slap his hand away he brushed my hair out of my face. His hands looked so bad. My eyes fluttered shut when I felt his touch, and his scent wafted into my nose. He took a step closer and tried pulling me to him again.

 This time I let his arms wrap around me, even though I knew I shouldn't. I missed him so much. He rested his head on my head, and inhaled my scent while keeping me pressed to him. 

"I just needed to see you. To make sure you were okay," he whispered into my hair. "You should be more concerned with yourself. What'd you do to your hands Nick?" I looked up at him. He was trying to keep his usual stone expression, but something was seeping through today. 

"Business as usual," he explained. "This looks really bad though. Have you iced it? Got it checked?" I asked. A smile came across his face and threw me off. "What?" He just looked at me for a second without answering.