KISE X READER - WHO SAYS

"No... no... this one neither..."

You stand in front of your wardrobe, staring at the clothes inside it and at your image reflected on the mirror.

"Hurry up, (name-cchi)! We have to leave!" – your friend Kise exclaims, still waiting for you outside the room.

"A couple of minutes and I'm ready!"

Indecisiveness and hurry only lead to total panic, that shows up every time you have to dress up to go to any location different from your school, where you have to wear a uniform. You have nothing to wear: not because there are no actual clothes on the hangers, not even because you can't find the right outfit to grandstand. The fact is that every single piece of clothing in your wardrobe emphasizes one of your insecurities. Jeans mark your waist too much, leggings show the shape of your thighs, t-shirts reveal your arms, crop tops your belly... there are no clothes that make you feel right, at ease in your own skin. Even the baggiest of trousers and sweaters aren't all that comfortable, because they make you feel fat, heavy, huge. When you're home alone you try not to look at yourself in the mirror and not to think about your body: it's easy to imagine how stressful it is for you to get dressed to meet others.

To avoid making Kise wait for you for ages, you pull out a black t-shirt and a pair of trousers and you wear them. Horrible. You change the t-shirt with a hoodie. Worse. Maybe the problem lies in the trousers. You take them off and wear a pair of jeans, but it's no good. You look more and more disgusting with every piece of clothing you change. Exhausted, you throw away the last t-shirt you tried on and you curl up on the floor with teary eyes. You hate the way you look, you hate the way your cursed brain works without granting you a second of peace; you just hate yourself. Raising your head your eyes meet the pictures you took with your friends pinned to the bulletin board. They are so proportioned, so slim, so beautiful... the only thing you wish for is a tenth of what they have.

"(Name-cchi), are you alright?"

Right, Kise. You dry your tears, wear the t-shirt you had thrown away and get out of the room.

"We can leave." – you state, trying to maintain a firm voice.

"Hey hey hey, hold up a second. (Name-cchi) were you crying?"

His question leaves you surprised: you're pretty sure that he couldn't hear you as you tried not to let any noise escape, and your tears shouldn't have left any trace. Right?

"Don't worry, it's nothing. I was just rummaging in the wardrobe to find my clothes and my dust allergy wanted to join me." – you say, hiding the lie behind a laugh.

"I'm not that sure... you can talk to me if anything bothers you, you know?"

"Thank you, but it's alright. Really. Let's go!"

Still not totally convinced, Kise walks behind you. You leave your house and head to your destination: the karaoke, a passion you both share since middle school. Actually he's the one who loves singing, but you've always liked to hear his voice intone any kind of song, from love ballads to rock 'n roll. When you get there you head to one of the rooms and order something to drink, to clear your throat in between songs.

"So, who breaks the ice?" – you ask, checking if the microphones work.

"May I go first, (name-cchi)?"

"No problem! What are you delighting me with?" – you curiously ask.

"Surprise!" – he exclaims, typing the title of the song he wants to sing on the computer.

You sit on the sofa and after a few seconds Kise is holding a microphone and ready to start. The blonde sings the first notes of a song you don't know, but that has a quite catchy sound. He sings it passionately, getting in touch with his feelings, and this makes you really happy. He sings the first part with his eyes closed or pointed to the ground, but when he gets to the refrain he gets closer to you and looks at you in the eyes with a smile.