KAGAMI X READER - LEAVE YOUR LIFE PT.2

"Agree, it was an amazing match!"

You, Kuroko and Izuki are chatting about the last match Seirin played against Kaijo. You won, which makes you incredibly proud of your result, but it wasn't that amusing for you to watch yet another game without Kagami. Your eyes kept looking for that red mop and those bizarre eyebrows, in vain. Kise wasn't enthusiastic about playing without his rival either and he spent a long time complaining with Kasamatsu and Kuroko during and after the match.

You suddenly hear your phone ring inside your pocket and as you grab it you immediately notice Kagami's name.

"Sorry guys, Kagami's calling me! See you back in class."

You bring your lunchbox with you and quickly head to the school's roof, where you will eat and talk to your boyfriend in peace.

"Hi honey!" – you exclaim as soon as you watch Kagami's face appear on your screen.

"Hi, (Name). How are you?"

"Fine, thanks! I'm having lunch!" – you state showing him the chopsticks – "What about you instead? You're whispering and it's dark in your room, are you sick?"

"No, don't worry. It's just that it's way past midnight here."

"Oh gosh, I forgot that in New York they're 13 hours behind! Go to sleep then, we'll talk later."

"No problem."

"There is a problem, Tai-chan. How can you play decently if you don't get enough sleep?"

"We're not practicing tomorrow, coach's missing."

"Are you sure?"

"I am."

It is in fact not true that he's skipping practice tomorrow, it will actually be a very tough day for him. But the lie was inevitable, as there is no amount of sleep that can be as refreshing to him as the sound of your voice.

"Ok then! What did you do today?"

"You know, the usual stuff. Lots of basketball and an American History oral test."

"And how was your test?"

"Uhm..."

"Come on, Tai-chan! You got a bad grade?"

"No, I didn't get a bad grade, I... I just got a not-so-beautiful grade."

"You got an awful grade, it's useless to beat around the bush. Aaah, what should I do with you? If you don't study they'll send you right back where you came from!"

"Nah, I came here for basketball not to become a geek. Moreover, coming back to you is definitely not a bad thing."

This answer makes you laugh: he's incorrigible, but that's why you love him.

"I'd love for you to come back, but not because you suck at studying. I'll wait for you once you'll be done with your six months stay and you'll graduate with decent grades."

"Mmmmh, oooook. I'll make this effort, ok?"

"Good boy. Now go to sleep, otherwise you'll look like a zombie tomorrow and people will attack you with pitchforks. And it's not amusing to be run after by people with pitchforks, is it?"

You and Kagami burst out laughing and after an infinity of "I love you" and "goodnight" you manage to hang up. Still sitting on the school's roof you take a second to look at the light blue sky, covered with spray cream clouds: one day you'll meet again, you'll hug each other again; and that day will be incredible.

(Timeskip)

You close your wardrobe and wear the dress you've just grabbed. You comb your hair, put on a bit of mascara to enhance the beauty of your eyelashes, tie to your wrist the bracelet with the tiger charm and you're good to go. Today is your birthday and you're celebrating it with your schoolmates. To be honest you didn't really like to celebrate, as you know that you're not as cheerful and happy without Kagami by your side, but it's been the boyfriend himself who pushed you to throw a party and enjoy this important day.

And, talking about Kagami, when unluckiness kicks in, it kicks in hard: your whole interaction with him today was a bunch of texts in the middle of the night, since he's leaving for a school trip to the Rocky Mountains and he's currently on the plane. Remembering this detail makes your eyes watery, but you stop the tears immediately: you swore Kagami not to cry about him today, and you want to keep your promise.

When you get to the place of the party you meet Hyuga and Kiyoshi, that are already here to help you arrange everything. They understand your feelings and they try hard to make you happier; deep in your heart you're very thankful for the efforts your friends are making to give you relief and happiness. The guests then start getting to the venue, they stack their presents in a corner and grab something to eat from the huge buffet.

Koganei, that is responsible for the music, blows the speakers with your favourite songs while Mitobe takes care of the lights: they're true handymen who create a wonderful atmosphere. Thanks to it your initial melancholy vanishes and leaves room for fun and laughter, making all your hearts lighter.

Your friends give you their presents, and they're fantastic: there are volumes of your favourite mangas, a (favourite anime)-themed pencil case, a (favourite character) action figure and a beautiful team picture taken after last year's victory, framed just for you.

"Thanks a lot, guys. I love all your gifts!" – you exclaim, still holding the photo.

"And it's not over yet!" – Kiyoshi says.

You look at the empty presents's corner, puzzled.

"Wrong direction, (Name-chan). If I were you, I would look over there!" – Izuki says, as a noise makes you instantly turn.

Your eyes meet the now open entrance, that reveals him: the one and only Kagami Taiga.

"Tai-chan!!!!!!!!" – you scream, handing Kuroko the picture and running to him as fast as you can.

Your boyfriend greets you with a wide smile and catches you as you jump right in his arms.

"Oh my God, Tai-chaaaaaaaan!!!!" – still astonished you hold him with every muscular fibre in your body and you instantly break the promise.

"Happy birthday, baby." – he whispers, without letting you go. He may be a knucklehead, he may be the tough guy, but after all this time away from you there's no room for any façade.

You thank him with the sweetest of kisses, that carries you right to paradise surrounded by the applauses of your clubmates, that already knew everything. After this magical moment, it's time for you to find out the truth.

"So there was no school trip to the Rocky Mountains, huh?"

"There was, actually. But between some big rocks and your birthday, it's obvious what matters more, isn't it?"

You kiss him again and again, but it's never enough.

"You're the best, dummy."

"I love you too, (Name)."