BOY LOVE? BOY LOVE!

Hi everybody! Today I have a special oneshot for y'all, that was requested to me by someone from my Italian oneshot collection: a boy love, and more specifically, a MidoTaka. It's my first time writing such a story, so I really hope you like it!

To give you a bit of context, these events happen when Midorima and Takao are in their 2nd year of high school, but I still left as secondary characters Otsubo, Miyaji and Kimura (that should have already gone to uni by that time).

(Pov: Midorima)

"Ouch! What's- Oi Midorima!"

"What's the matter, nanodayo?" – I answer, turning to Miyaji.

"Put this thing away, it's already the second time someone has bumped into it!" – he exclaims, throwing glances at my lucky-item portable radiator.

Sighing, I get up from the locker room bench and move it to a corner, accompanied by Takao's irritating background laughter.

"So, guys, are you ready?" – asks the captain.

The group answers a yes in unison and heads to the gym, while as usual I take a few more minutes to think about the game, which today is against the last team I would like to face: Kirisaki Daiichi. Last year it went well, as the starting five had remained watching and had sent us against their reserves, but this time the team will certainly be at its finest. On the one hand it reassures me to know that we won't have to play an embarrassing game against totally inexperienced players like the previous one, but we all know the risk of playing against those demons. It'll be dangerous, but I have my lucky item, I tied the right laces first and the nails-

"Shin-chan! It's about time!"

I breathe out.

"Yeah."

Upon entering the field, my prediction comes true: Hanamiya Makoto and his devious teammates are already gathered around the circle. The captains shake hands and Hanamiya wishes us good luck in the most blatantly ironic tone possible. Otsubo replies with a bright smile, flaunting a purity of soul that can only remind me of Seirin's pivot, Kiyoshi.

The coach gives us the last indications on the schemes and strategies, and then we begin. The first few minutes are to our advantage in terms of points, but the arms and legs of all of us are gradually filling with purple spots. The referee? Nothing wrong for him, of course. We already knew we'd have to play covered in bruises, so we don't lose hope and give it our all. Since the strength of Kirisaki Daiichi is mere dishonesty, we're better at basketball: the first half of the game ends with a score that's all in our favor."

"Good job, Shin-chan! You don't miss a shot today, huh?"

"Today? I never miss a shot."

Takao laughs, patting me on the back. I'm so used to it that now I don't even move when I see it coming, silently suffering.

"You're right, actually. Baskets aside, you're still super careful! Even in defense, nothing gets past you."

"I'm always careful when I defend, nanodayo."

"Oh come on, accept the compliments without replying for once!" – he replies with a fake pout.

"You two, pay attention to the coach's instructions!" – Kimura says, bringing our attention back to the strategies.

Once the break is over we return to the court with the idea of focusing on me and Takao, as apparently we're in tune more than usual today: we'll just go for the classic triples, but we won't exclude the jumping one if things get hard – as well as the passes to our teammates under the basket. With Takao's playmaking the gears of the team work perfectly and I can score twenty points in a few minutes, which together with the dunks of Otsubo, the excellent defense of Kimura and Miyaji and the balls stolen by Takao, increase the gap between the teams.