KISE X READER - TRAITOR

Between you and your boyfriend, the handsome model Kise Ryota, things have always been wonderful: you've been together for more than a year now and your bond couldn't be stronger. At least that's what you've believed in until a couple days ago.

Kise suddenly stopped talking to you: no more lovey-dovey texts, no more endless phone calls, no more requests to meet... dead silence. Obviously you got worried, especially because you two were attending different high schools and you couldn't meet in class. Not seeing any reply to your messages nor calls, you waited for him outside his school and knocked on his house's door... but it was all in vain. The only place that you still need to check is his modelling agency, so without losing any time you rush there. As you enter you feel observed, as if everyone was pointing their eyes to you and speak ill about you behind your back. Puzzled and uneasy you look for his manager to ask for information.

"Good afternoon. I'm looking for my boyfriend, Kise Ryota. Is he here by any chance?"

"No, he isn't. And even if he were, I don't think he would want to see you."

You're stunned because of her sour answer.

"W-why wouldn't he want to see me? What did I do wrong?"

"You're the one who should know that."

Your mind is showing you all the memories of these last few days but you can't understand what could have made him so angry that he chose to avoid you this way. Noticing your confusion, the manager grabs a magazine from her desk and hands it to you. You sit down and flip through it, wondering which kind of information caused all this embarrassing and confusing situation. Page after page, you then lock your eyes on a picture that leaves you petrified: you and your middle school classmate, Midorima Shintaro, are depicted in each other's arms, sharing a kiss.

"What?! What the hell is this?!" – you scream standing up and heading back to the manger – "I didn't cheat on Ryota, I didn't kiss this guy!"

"Don't ask me. You should tell this to someone else though, shouldn't you?"

Without understanding a damn thing you rush to the house of the only person that might know something and anxiously wait for him to open the door.

"(Name-san)?"

"Shintaro, thank God you're home! We have a problem."

"I don't like the word "problem" and I like it even less combined to "we have". What happened, nanodayo?"

"Ryota is convinced that I cheated on him with you!"

"What?! Why would he think that?! I'm not in love with you."

"Me neither. But someone published this picture in a gossip magazine." – you say showing him the incriminating page.

Midorima is shocked: "I never kissed you, nanodayo!"

"I know, I know! But we need to convince Ryota and I'm asking you to help me. I can't lose him, not because of a huge lie like this!" – you exclaim with watery eyes. The fear of not seeing your boyfriend again is starting to kick in.

"Ok, nanodayo. But only because I don't want people to believe that absurd montage. Anyways, what are you planning on doing? It's not like we can go to his house and tell him that nothing happened between us with a picture that shows the opposite."

"There must be a way to understand how this photo was created..." – you say, observing every single square millimetre – "I get it!"

You unlock your cellphone and open the photo gallery, reaching a picture that was taken ten months ago, in which you and your boyfriend are in the same position and the background is identical: whoever created that photo had just modified the lights and colors a bit and of course pasted Midorima's face on Kise's. After explaining this to your friend you both head to Kise's house, praying for someone to let you in. This time Kise's sister opens the door: she must have found out about the photo, because she frowns on you two.