HYUGA X READER - HISTORY MAKER

After a short walk your feet stop in front of the entrance of your high school: Seirin High. It's a brand new school, its construction was finished just a couple of months ago and it's obvious: the plaster on the walls is spotless, there's not a sign of rust on the gates and the bushes are perfectly shaped. You fix your backpack straps, take a deep breath and enter with a smile the world that will host you for the next three years.

When you reach your classroom, everything smells new: shiny windows, an untouched blackboard, maps without creased corners and spotless desks – which is something that you see today for the first time. You take a seat next to the window, imitated by other classmates of yours that have got to school early, and then you decide to use the remaining time to tour the school. The first thing you check are the bathrooms, that are not only super clean but also very spacious. The number of toilettes is the same as the washbasins, that are accompanied by big mirrors and a dispenser full of paper towels to dry your hands. The next stop is the canteen: organized, bright and surrounded by windows. Then it's time for the library and study rooms, comfortable places that encourage students to take a seat and work for a while.

All of a sudden, wandering through the courtyard, a familiar face walks in your direction. Looking attentively at the guy you immediately recognize him and...

"Junpei?!" – you exclaim, looking at him wide-eyed.

"Wha- (Name)?! I never thought I'd-"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

You burst in laughter, to the point that tears form in your eyes.

"Oi..."

We could say that the boy is staring at your weird reaction, wondering whether you have both oars in the water or not, but it would be a euphemism. Without receiving any explication, he pressures you.

"What in the world is going on, (Name)?!"

"I should be the one asking! What the hell is that, the cheap version of Super Saiyan Goku?!"

It takes an instant for Hyuga to understand that all this mess stems from his long hair, so blond that it's basically yellow. And this doesn't please him in the slightest.

"Oi, you wretch! Don't mock me!" – he shouts, blushing embarrassed at your comment.

"Sorry, sorry." – you say as soon as you manage to calm down – "I couldn't help it!"

"I noticed." – he harshly replies.

"I've already apologized, don't pout so much! But may I know why you chose a haircut that's so... flashy?"

"It's a long story that I'd frankly avoid thinking about. I'll go to the barber's as soon as I can to settle this."

When this topic is over you manage to have a normal chat with your interlocutor. It's been a while since you last saw him, Hyuga Junpei: he was your classmate in primary school, with whom you had a good friendship – he wasn't your best friend, but wasn't an unpleasant boy either. To your common surprise you ended up in the same high school class, therefore from now on you'll see each other daily again and you'll have the chance to pick up your previous bond. Or, why not, develop it.

***

(Timeskip)

"Wow, nothing's changed since then. This room is still the same." – you state with a laugh, looking around as memories resurface in your mind.

"Old habits and old passions are hard to die."

"Yep... Wow, you still collect them!" – you exclaim watching his collection of samurai statues, all lined up on a shelf – "But didn't you own far more of these? Did you put the others in the cellar?"