AKASHI X READER - BEFORE YOU PART 2

After throwing in bulk everything you thought necessary inside a backpack, you rushed to your destination and are now frantically waiting for a certain someone to open the door. You already know that it's not these few minutes you save hurrying up that will make you able to move on a dancefloor without looking like a drunk chicken, but your anxiety makes you more impatient than usual. At last, your friend opens the door.

"Hi, Reo! How are you? It's been a while, isn't it?"

"A while indeed! We probably met like three times since I graduated, so I was really surprised to receive your text."

"I know, sorry if I couldn't keep in touch with you but senior year is a real nightmare!" – you exclaim with a bitter laugh – "Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me, you're my saviour!"

"Don't worry, I could never let you make a poor impression on Sei-chan right when you've conquered his heart!"

With a smile you head to his living room and Mibuchi arranges everything: he turns on the speakers and puts on some classical music to help you move your first steps. You're beyond excited at the thought of dancing with Akashi, but you'd more than likely avoid this two-week training. Your luck is having a teacher that you know will never judge you for your poor dance skills.

"Ok, are you ready?"

"I am."

"Good. Let's start with posture, then. You'll put your left hand on Sei-chan's shoulder as he'll put his on your waist. You'll hold your other hand together." – he explains trying every movement with you. If you feel butterflies in your stomach doing this with a friend, you'll definitely faint when it's Akashi's turn: during these weeks you'll have to learn to put the embarrassment aside, even though it's far from easy.

"Ok, now let's try some basic steps. They're fundamental for any slow dance, they'll be perfect for pretty much any occasion."

As the speakers play the first notes of a Walzer, Mibuchi explains you how to move your feet, how to let your partner take the lead, when to turn... a huge amount of information that floods your brain.

"I don't think I understand, Reo..."

"Come on, give it a try!"

You take a deep breath and try to focus, adapting your movements to the music and Mibuchi. It's useless to say that all the first tries end with your feet on top of your friend's, but you slowly start to get the hang of it. After an hour and a half you get home with sore legs but a heart full of expectations. Dancing isn't bad at all and in spite of the struggle you can't wait to get better, for yourself and your future partner.

***

After the first week, in which you and Mibuchi have focused on the Walzer (that in his opinion is a must in elegant schools like Rakuzan), you've tried together a few dances on more recent ballads, learning simple and versatile moves. The daily training has been tough, but you already see some improvements since the first day: even though you're far from a prodigy you have learned something, and you trust in Akashi's talent to lead the both of you to the perfect dance.

Today is the big day: you'll have to show what you've got to none other than Akashi Seijuro, the guy that you've been madly in love with for the last couple of years. Although your heart is longing for it, it's also full of worries – and if only they were just caused by your dance skills! Your mind is full of questions that sound like "Does the dress look good on me? Will he like the make-up? And the hairstyle? What if he changed his mind after finding a better girl?". Making your mind go silent is definitely not easy; the only thing that helps you avoid feeling anxious is fantasize about the moment that you've been waiting for for weeks.