AKASHI X READER - ENCHANTED

Hello everyone! It's been a while since Akashi made an appearance, and he's perfect for the oneshot I wanted to publish this Sunday. Hope you like it <3

It was a relaxed and quiet Sunday, one of those days that flow with the same old routine. Not that this is a bad thing: actually, having so much time to balance study and fun as you want is more than excellent. In the late afternoon, however, a message from Akashi, your childhood best friend, offers you a different evening than usual: a nice dinner at your favourite neighbourhood restaurant.

Of course, since you have nothing better to do, you accept his invitation and start getting ready: a striped t-shirt, classic jeans, a sweatshirt black like your shoes and your set of (video game / series/...)-themed jewelry that you bought at the last fair you attended. Once ready, you hop on the old grey car that has belonged to your family for more than twenty years (which, despite some ailments, still works), and head to the restaurant, where you meet Akashi.

Given the short notice you haven't booked a table, and once you get in you regret it a little, given how crowded the place is. Hoping that there's still a small table left for you two, you ask the waitress:

"Good evening. Is there be a free table for two by chance?"

"I'll check!"

While she checks the log, you and Akashi look around:

"Let's hope they don't give us the one in the middle of the room..." – he comments whispering.

"Yep..."

"Ok guys, you can sit here if you want."

Of course, the waitress's finger points straight at the only table you wanted to avoid, but it's better than nothing so you accept it and sit down – not without laughing as you see your suspicion come true.

As soon as you take a seat you immediately start chatting about anything and everything and showing each other the latest memes you've found on social media, blatantly ignoring the menu: you already know that you'll take the same dishes you've been choosing for 6 years. When it's time to order, in fact, you request your beloved bacon cheeseburgers without the slightest hesitation. A long time passes from the order to the moment you get your food, given the huge number of customers, but it's not a problem: in the end, it's a great excuse to spend more time together with your best friend.

Actually, "best friend" isn't really the right word: you like him. Quite a lot, too. With him you feel at home, free to be yourself; You can express yourself and be vulnerable, because you know that on his side you'll find ears always ready to listen and a heart that won't judge you but understand you even in your craziness. In the centuries you've spent together you've been able to know each other more and more and, despite the inevitable periods of distance, every time you've met again you've started from where you left off, extremely naturally. Between these and the other thousand qualities that this boy has, you couldn't help but fall in love with him. However, to make sure that your feelings are matched with the same intensity, the only chance you have is to wait for him to take the first step. As you dig your teeth into your tasty cheeseburgers, you can't help but think about how pleasant it is to spend time with him, how much you wish it was like this every day... Until you abruptly return to reality and realize that all this is practically impossible: you can't believe that he is or could ever be in love with you.

However, even if you've almost resigned yourself to this idea, the glimmer of hope remains lit and prevents you from letting yourself be saddened by this thought: one of the many things that spending time with him has taught you is the art of patience, so you'll try to wait for that happiness to knock on your door.