VARIOUS CHARACTERS - 1

Hi everyone! A different oneshot this time, inspired by one of the Extra episodes of the series. Enjoy <3

During lunch you enjoy a bit of fresh air on the rooftop of Shutoku high, eating with your friends Midorima and Takao.

"Aaaaargh, that sucks!" – the black-haired guy exclaims, tilting his head back.

"What are you talking about this time, Takao?" – Midorima asks, already upset before even hearing the complaint.

"Exams, Shin-chan! Exams are coming soon and it sucks!"

"It sucks if you don't study, nanodayo." – Midorima coldly replies.

"What's with this put-down? I do study! It's just... it's so boring to sit down for hours when you could be doing so many entertaining things! Am I wrong, (Name-chan)?" – he asks, desperately looking for someone to support his theory.

"It depends on the subject, but I don't mind studying that much. I understand your point of view, though, and obviously I can name a lot of funnier activities."

"You heard that, Shin-chan?"

"Stop pouting and go study, Bakao. You know what happens if you don't."

"Yes, yes..."

Drin! Drin!

The emerald-haired boy answers his phone.

"MIDORIMA-CCHI!!!!!!"

Even though the call is not on speaker, you immediately understand who it is on the other end of the phone.

"Kise, do you necessarily have to make all this noise every time you call me?"

"It's a super emergency!"

"Come on, tell me. What happened?"

"It's terrible!"

"Kise, straight to the point."

"Exams are just a week away!!!"

"... And?"

"And I'm in trouble! Please, Midorima-cchi, let me borrow your-"

Tuuuu tuuuu tuuuu

"Hey, why did you hang up on him? What did he want?" – you ask.

"He wanted my Pencil of the Lazy God."

"Your what?! What the heck is a Pencil of the Lazy God?" – Takao wanders in doubt, but you've understood what Midorima is talking about.

"It's a special pencil that gives you the right answers to multiple answer questions. You just have to believe in it: you roll it on the table, read the number written on the side and you're done." – you explain.

"WOOOO! Shin-chan, you'll let me borrow it, right?! All the tests have multiple answer questions, I'll be safe with that pencil! I won't have to open a single book, finally I-"

"Absolutely not."

And here it is, all his enthusiasm destroyed with two mere words.

"Come on, Shin-chan! I carry you around every single day on that rickshaw, do me a favour for once!"

"That happens because you suck at rock-paper-scissors: you have no one to blame but yourself."

"You are made of stone! (Name-chan), convince him! He's good at studying, he doesn't need that pencil!"

Oh gosh... it doesn't matter if you witness their bickering or not, you're going to be involved every single time anyway. No one knows how, no one knows why.