KAGAMI X READER - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR HEART

Hello! And today we have... a Valentine's day oneshot. Is there a reason why I'm writing about this in december? Nope. Am I still going to do that? Oh yeah baby. So, enjoy <3

Your first year of high school is ending in a month, and while everyone is starting to plan what they're going to do in the upcoming spring break, your thoughts are fixed on one, single event: Valentine's day. It's unusual for you to feel so nervous about a day that used to have zero meaning for you. "Okay, it's a day to celebrate love, but nothing more than that": that's what you used to think before a certain someone came into your life.

When you first met Kagami Taiga, the tall and sculpted boy from America with that dark red hair, you were more than impressed by his appearance and were helplessly attracted to him. Then you got to know him, and thought he was a bit too impulsive and impatient – which you didn't like. He was constantly blabbing about being the best, being the number one basketball player, and although you love to see people being passionate about what they do, being this ambitious and so stubbornly fixed on something is a bit too much to you. Time went by and Kagami became more and more mature every day: you started to notice small changes in his speech and his behaviour that then became evident improvements in his mentality and personality. You two got much closer in just a few months and a friendship you never thought would happen, actually bloomed. Of course deep down he is still the usual Kagami, but he has grown up so much that you quickly started to develop serious feelings for him – not just admiration, but actual love.

And so, Valentine's day means a lot to you this time, because you're going to confess. It's settled. You've decided. You are going to do it. You've already prepared with your own hands a box of chocolates, and you've already thought about what to tell him and how to do it. All that's left to do is shoot your shot.

***

"Hi, Tai-chan!"

"Hello! How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure? You're shivering a bit, are you cold?"

There's no way you're telling him that you're just incredibly anxious.

"A-a little bit... But don't worry I-"

Without even letting you finish your sentence, he pulls out of his backpack a hat, a scarf and a pair of gloves.

"You can have them."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course." – he replies, handing you the pieces of clothing – "I wasn't going to use them anyway."

"Then why carrying them with you in the first place?" – you ask with a laugh, accepting them.

"Well, for moments like this. You never know when they'll be useful. They're like, I don't know, tissues or something."

"Thank you." – you answer, laughing at the comparison.

You have to keep lifting the hat so that it doesn't cover your eyes, the scarf is so long that it reaches your waist and the gloves are huge; but you wouldn't change them for any other.

When you reach the school you head to the lockers to change shoes, but you see from afar that Kagami's locker is open.

"Did you leave it like that yesterday?"

"Erm... no, I don't think so..."

When you get closer and see what's inside, you're about to faint: it's completely filled with chocolate boxes and heart-shaped love letters. Like, it's so full that they even put a bag on top of it with all the boxes that didn't fit.