MIDORIMA X READER PART 1 - CHANGE MY MIND

"(Name-chan)? Hey, (Name-chan)?"

A voice seems to be calling you, but it's a far, muffled sound... as if you're listening from the bottom of the ocean.

"(Name-chan)!"

A little nudge makes you startle and you suddenly come back to reality.

"What?"

"You were spacing out, (Name-chan). The cookie you dipped in the milk has surely become a pile of dust by now." – your brother points out looking inside your mug – "Are you worried for today?"

"A-a little bit..." – you whisper, with your gaze pointed downwards.

Kazunari gets closer to you with his chair and places his arm around your shoulders, caressing them to comfort you.

"Don't be, (Name-chan)! Shutoku is a great place and you'll love it, I'm sure. I know that changes unsettle you, but try not to worry too much about it! I'll go with you today and I'll show you around, so that you'll become familiar with the new environment. Ok?"

"Mhm. Thanks Kazu." – you answer, thanking God for having such an understanding big brother.

After this moment you both finish up your breakfasts; just like Kazunari said, what's left of the cookie is the disgusting mellow dust that piles up on the bottom of the cup. You stay strong to avoid wasting food, but you'll have to be careful not to space out when you're eating milk and cookies the next time.

After putting the mug and spoon in the sink you head to your room and wear the Shutoku uniform for the first time (second, if you count the time you wore it to check the size). It's a simple black one, that doesn't make you stand out. Basically, it's perfect. You brush your teeth and hair, you grab your backpack and leave with your brother to go to school.

With a quick walk you reach the huge building of Shutoku High school, where you'll be starting your first year.

"There we are! So, you ready?"

You nod with a little smile and you let Kazunari guide you inside your new school. First things first: you go to your lockers to store shoes, books and notebooks. Luckily your locker's number is made up of the first three digits of your birthday's date: it won't be hard to memorize it.

"Ok! We're early, so I'll make you meet some of my friends. If you need anything you can ask them – and me, of course!"

You got inside this new huge environment a few minutes ago and you're already supposed to talk to someone, someone that's also older than you. You resist the temptation of squeezing your brother's arm and you follow him to the second floor, where all the second-year sections are located.

"Oi! Miyaji-san, Kimura-san!"

Kazunari is basically yelling his friends' names, waving his arm to make himself noticed. You could never.

"Guys, let me introduce you to my little sister! She begins her first year today!"

"H-hello. My name is Takao (Name), nice to meet you."

It's stressful not to know whether your face is red or not, but you hope that everything will be ok.

"Kimura Shinsuke, nice to meet you."

"Hi! I'm Miyaji Kiyoshi. If you're a first year you may be in the same class as my brother, Miyaji Yuya. He's a bit annoying, but he's a good guy after all."

"Oi, don't say such things about your younger brother!" – Kimura jokingly reproaches him.

Luckily these guys seem reliable and kind, therefore you feel a bit better now.