KISE X READER - I FOUND YOU

Becoming Kaijo's manager is one of the best decisions you've ever taken: not only it gave you the opportunity to fall in love with basketball, but also to know a lot of people with whom you have created in the blink of an eye some very strong bonds. One of these people is Kise Ryota, the team's ace.

You didn't think you would get along with him at first sight: you knew a few things about his job as a model and seeing the way he introduced himself on the first day of school you thought that he was an obnoxious and vain guy. But getting to know him you quickly noticed that fame hasn't influenced him and that he has his feet on the ground: he doesn't point out his qualities unless they're objectively real and despite being very enthusiastic he is also down to Earth. He knows when it's time to have fun and when it's better to be serious and focused.

A person that never managed to understand Kise is the team's captain, Kasamatsu Yukio, that doesn't miss a chance to reproach him. His rebukes never really irritated you – even though they're usually exaggerated – because you know that Kasamatsu does this for Kise's sake; what you don't tolerate are the kicks and punches that he often gives him. Kaijo's ace never rebelled against him and he never tried to fight back, taking the hits in and using them as an incentive to get better. Nonetheless, you believe that this situation shouldn't be simply head-down accepted.

Today, like many other times, the same tantrum:

"I'm here! Sorry for being late but a couple of girls stopped me to ask for a photo and-"

"You idiot! I'm fed up with your tardiness!" – the captain screams – "Girls are more important than practice?! Is that so?!"

"I'm really sorry Kasamatsu-senpai..."

"You think you're so cool that you can arrive here whenever you want to?!" – he continues, hovering over Kise despite being shorter than him and threatening to hit him. That's it, that's the last straw for you.

"Enough, Kasamatsu!" – you exclaim, standing between the two guys.

"Go away, (Name). There's someone that has a lesson to learn here."

"Yes, and you're that someone."

"What did you say?!"

"Every time you see Ryota and he mentions his job as a model you can't help but yell at him and hit him. How come you don't realize that your behaviour is a huge lack of respect?!"

"That boy has everything, (Name)! Everything he could ever ask for. He lives the high life, photoshoots here and there to grandstand, he's surrounded by girls that adore him and he doesn't do the one thing that he's being asked: being punctual and taking practice seriously. And then I am the one disrespecting him?!"

"Listen, I know that precision and punctuality are important. I know that you have got some demands as a captain, and I understand them. I just want you to take a step towards him and notice that his life isn't as easy as you depict it. You and me are not models and looking at that world from the outside it really seems all glitter and gold. I used to think that as well, but it's not true. You said that he's constantly surrounded by girls, didn't you?"

"Seems quite impossible to deny it."

"It is undeniable. But how many of those girls are there for Ryota? Most of them are there for the model: there for beauty, for charm, for a great haircut and a sculpted body. But Ryota is far more than a good-looking guy: he's kind, polite, altruistic, full of enthusiasm and joy of living. You labelled him as the "smug one" ever since you met him and you never bothered to see if that label truly fits him. The world of fashion is full of hypocrites, that swarm you until they have an interest in doing so and then leave you without considering your feelings, throwing you aside like an old shoe when they find someone better. It's full of people who hate on you for no reason, that insult you whenever they can. Buy you have always seen Ryota entering this gym with a smile on his face, despite the difficulties that he may have encountered that day. And just because he doesn't show his troubles nor talks about them, it doesn't mean that they don't exist."

Kasamatsu listens to your words silently, his furious expression turning into an understanding and guilty one.

"For anything that refers to Ryota being late, I agree: this should be avoided, but you can bet that Ryota will work on that. But don't think that he spends time with his fans to be praised by them, he does it because he respects them: because he notices that those girls are dedicating their time to him to show him their support, and it's hard to just send them away when you can simply get to practice two minutes later and stay two minutes longer afterwards. You're a good guy Kasamatsu and for him it's great to have you as a mentor and guide, therefore I'm glad that you keep teaching him what you know and helping him become the best version of himself. Just don't attack him without thinking and without a reason, please."

When you're done talking, you breathe deeply to let go of the tension. You're about to walk away when you hear someone behind your back sniffing: turning around you see Kise sitting on the ground, his honey-coloured eyes staring into yours, his lips parted and two tears on his cheeks. You were so caught up in the discussion that you almost forgot that Kise was still there, witnessing the whole scene.

"Oh, Ryota! Come here." – you tenderly say, getting closer to him and pulling him in for a hug while the captain leaves you alone.

When you're close enough Ryota pulls you in as well and holds you tightly, letting out his emotions as you gently caress his back with circular movements.

"Sorry if I didn't intervene earlier, Ryota. My indifference originated all this mess and I'm sure that you would have gladly avoided it."

"Don't worry, (Name-cchi). Everyone saw those moments, but nobody protected me. And more importantly, no one understood the bad side of my job as well as you did: even without me telling you anything, you figured it out and helped Kasamatsu-senpai. As you said there's a lot of girls that try to be my friends or girlfriends, but it's just because I'm a model and basketball player: but you love me for me, and I don't know how to thank you for this."

"There's no need for thank-you's. From now on I will never let anyone misunderstand you, you have my word!" – you exclaim, crossing your heart and giving your friend a peck on the forehead.

Since attending Kaijo you knew a lot of people with whom you have created in the blink of an eye some very strong bonds. The most important one is Kise Ryota.

Song used in the title: I found you - Cash Cash & Andy Grammer