7

Riley

It was almost six, and I was dressed and ready to go eat dinner in town. I put on a floral romper with an open back, and pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

After putting on my sneakers, I walked downstairs and found Shep and Davis sitting on the couch, while Dad was standing by the big windows leading to the backyard.

They all looked annoyed. "I'm sorry, did I take too long?" I asked, almost whispering.

They looked up, and Dad was the first to say something. "No, sweetheart. Wow, you look beautiful," he complimented, which immediately put a smile on my lips.

"Thank you, Daddy."

Davis's eyes moved down to my legs, and they stayed there for a few seconds before he lifted his gaze to look into my eyes. A smug grin tugged at the corner of his mouth, and I looked away before my cheeks had the chance to turn red.

"You gotta bring a jacket," Davis said.

I furrowed my brows and looked back into his green eyes. "But it's warm outside," I pointed out.

"Not when you're riding with me." His smirk grew into a full-on grin, and I then realized what he meant.

"On your bike?" I asked, my jaw dropping.

"Hell, yeah. Don't let me down, Ace. Already took one damn long hour to convince your dad to let me take you for a ride."

I looked over at dad who didn't seem very pleased, but I wasn't going to let the chance of riding on Davis's bike pass me by. "Oh, my," I breathed. "Thank you so much!" I closed the distance between us and hugged Dad.

"You gotta hold on tight, all right? He drives like a damn lunatic most of the time. Don't want you to fall off, okay?"

I nodded, looking up at him with a bright smile. "I won't."

I turned around to see Davis get up from the couch, then he nodded toward the front door. "Let's go then."

"Hey!" Dad called out to Davis, and he turned to meet his gaze. "Keep her safe. Don't be a show-off. No need to impress her."

True. There was no need to.

I was already fascinated by Davis, and if he kept looking at me with those devilish, alluring eyes, I might as well just admit to having a crush on him.

Last night wasn't a dream.

I hadn't imagined things.

I wanted to be close to them, and they wanted me close too.

After I grabbed my jean-jacket hanging by the entrance, we reached his Harley. "Here." Davis opened one of the saddlebags and pulled out a black helmet. It had the Reckless Knights logo on one side.

"I knew I'd take you for a ride someday, so I made sure to get a second helmet for your pretty head. Put it on," he told me, and I did.

"Is it tight enough?" he asked.

"No."

He stepped closer and reached for the straps to tighten them. "Better?" he asked, placing his hand on top of my helmet and moving it to make sure it wouldn't fall off.

"Better," I replied.

His scent filled my nose, and I looked at his neck where his newest tattoo peeked out from under his white shirt. "Did it hurt? The tattoo, I mean." I reached up to run my fingers along the faceless Grim Reaper.

"No." His voice was deep, and knowing him, there wouldn't be any more to his response. I also wouldn't be getting any other answer if I had more questions about it.