20

Riley

More people joined the party the later it got, and I was still clinging on to my first drink.

I drank some water when no one was watching, and I hoped Beau wouldn't mention that I wasn't drinking.

I watched as he made out with some blonde on another boat, and I was glad not to be naïve.

I knew a player when I saw one.

"You having fun, Riley?" I turned to watch Tig step over into his boat, which I was sitting in all by myself for about fifteen minutes now.

Gigi and I had a long talk, but then Dylan wanted to dance with her, and she left me here.

I didn't mind, and I actually quite enjoyed watching the others dance and have fun.

"Yeah, just a little difficult to start conversations with drunk people I barely know," I told him.

"You got me." His smile lit up my mood. "What about a slow dance? I swear I'll keep my hands on your waist. Not moving them anywhere else," he promised.

I laughed and set down my drink. "Okay. One dance. Even if this music doesn't really scream 'slow-dance'," I pointed out.

"Doesn't matter." Tig shrugged and moved closer, then he placed both hands on my waist and started to sway back and forth.

I put my hands on his shoulders, smiling up at him.

"Don't you have a girlfriend? You're the sweetest and most fun guy I've met up here."

"Nah," he sighed. "Been in a relationship for far too long a few years ago. Broke my damn heart. I'm over her, but I'm just enjoying life right now. Besides, I couldn't flirt with you if I had a girl."

I laughed and shook my head. "I don't think you're flirting intentionally. That's just who you are, and girls like you. Do you have any idea how many girls have been trying to get your attention tonight?" I asked.

He grimaced. "It's fucking exhausting," he whined. He was being sarcastic, and he knew damn well girls at this party were silently cursing me for being this close to him right now.

If my feelings for Shep weren't developing so freaking fast, and Davis wouldn't make me think about having sex with him all the time, I could've been into Tig.

"Let's not talk about what could be." His eyes studied mine for a moment, then he spoke again. "You tell me when you wanna go home, okay? You seem tired."

I was, so I simply nodded.

But I didn't wanna ruin this party and be known as the girl who left the party early.

"We can dance for a little while," I whispered.

Tig pulled me closer, with his hands on my lower back now.

I was comfortable in his arms, so I leaned my head against his chest and moved my hands to his upper arms.

The music changed, and another bad pop-song came on.

"I hate this music," I muttered, and Tig's chest vibrated as he chuckled.

"What music are you into?"

I lifted my head and looked up into his eyes. "Def Leppard. ACDC. Poison," I replied with a shrug.

"Fuck. Where have you been all my life?"

I laughed, tilting my head back and closing my eyes.

"I'm serious, baby. I think I'm in love."

When I looked back at him, he was grinning from ear to ear.