22

Davis

Shep was in too deep.

I couldn't let them fall for each other without being selfish enough to get between them first.

I was an asshole, but that's been clear to me and everyone else for years.

Riley made me wanna do things to her she wasn't ready for, but I knew she wouldn't shy away from them either.

But for that, I needed Shep's help.

We went to sleep after a few beers, and this morning we took the boat over to Beau's cabin.

His parents weren't home, and the scared little shit that he was, didn't even open the damn door the first few minutes of us knocking.

Then, finally, he stepped outside, his shoulders tense and his fists clenched.

Our intention was to make him apologize to Riley, and to Tig.

After stuttering, he finally managed to say sorry.

Although Riley wasn't there, that was the only way we'd make sure he would apologize.

Didn't want him near her again.

We left right after, not wanting to waste more time with him.

"Now what?" Shep asked as we got back into our boat.

"Let's head to Captain's and get those appetizers Ace likes so much. And we should get her some donuts and cake too. To cheer her up," I suggested.

"You're going all out now? Are you trying to impress her or something?"

I shrugged. "I'm not going after her. Told you before."

Then what was my goal?

"I guess I like her. Not the way you do, but that night we both made her come was...insane. I want more of her. But only if she lets me give her more."

Shep studied me while I kept my eyes up front, concentrating on getting us safely to Captain's Table.

"I don't want her heartbroken," he said calmly, and I lifted my hands to protect me from his words.

"Not going to hurt her, Shep. I don't wanna use her like I use those damn sweetbutts at the club. She's not one of them. But I can tell she's intrigued by us. She wants to explore, find out what she likes. She's old enough to make her own damn decisions."

Shep nodded, agreeing with me.

It was Riley who got closer to us at the beginning.

I wasn't trying to make her the bad guy in this situation. If anything, I thought it was fascinating how open-minded she was about getting intimate with older men.

She was figuring out what her limits were.

What she was comfortable with.

Who was I to step away and not let her try all those things?

See where it would take her.

Hell, she might even realize that she's not into men and wants to try new things with other girls.

Whatever it was she was thinking and feeling, I'd be respectful toward her.

Let her come to me and not push her into doing things she didn't want to.

Shepherd

"They'll be here in ten minutes," I told Davis after hanging up the phone.

Britton called to let me know that they'd be here soon, and that Riley was much better.