13

Shepherd

I saw them kiss.

No need for them to hide it.

Riley's cheeks were bright red as she stepped off the boat to get to the cabin. They were a sign of her feeling embarrassed, but not guilty.

Not one fucking bit.

After holding her hand during lunch, I hoped to be the first to get closer to her.

But I saw her obvious attraction toward Davis, and I knew she wouldn't stick to just him after all those looks she gave me as we got back to shore.

"You're lucky Britton's not around," I told Davis as we both watched Riley unlock the front door.

"I know."

"You think it's a good idea to watch a movie with her tonight?"

"We can't just let her sit in her room and not hang out with us. Jesus, Shep. You really think we can stay away from her now?"

No, we couldn't.

I sighed, then looked at him as Riley disappeared into the house. "Not to be a creep...but how was the kiss?"

Davis grinned at me like an idiot.

Fucker didn't have to shove it up my ass just because she kissed him first.

"Sweetest fucking thing I ever tasted, brother."

Davis

I was never one to deal with feelings like normal humans. I acknowledged them, then quickly pushed them aside to not fall for the girl I had a thing with.

Ace had a different effect on me, and as fucking cliché as it might sound, kissing her made me want to change my way of dealing with those damn feelings.

She was young, yet she knew exactly what she wanted.

Nothing wrong with that.

Hell, it was hot.

Sure, most women at the MC were easy.

Sweetbutts were always hanging around the club, and I often took one or two of them up to a room to get rid of all the tension and frustration.

But Riley would never be a damn sweetbutt.

She didn't need to hang around big, bad biker guys to get attention.

She had all the attention she needed already.

Riley was loved, and the sick bastard I was wanted her more and more each time I saw that angel-face.

"What's for dinner?"

Speaking of her beautiful face.

She walked into the kitchen in one of Britton's shirts covering just enough of her ass to tease me.

"Ever had breakfast for dinner?" I asked, holding up a box of cereal.

Riley's eyes lit up, and I grinned.

"You're the best! Dad would kill me." She reached for a bowl and pointed to the living room.

"Can we eat while watching the movie?"

"Hell, yeah! There's no other way to do it, Ace."

That was my routine every evening. Well, most evening when I stayed home and didn't hang out at the club.

I sat my ass down on the couch, watched a movie, and ate one bowl of cereal after the other.

The gym waited for me every morning, of course.

"Breakfast for dinner?" Shep asked as he walked into the kitchen. "Jesus, how old are you, four?"

"Shhh!" Riley put her finger in front of her mouth, giving him a serious look. "This is perfect. And don't tell Dad. Also, we're watching Halloween," she announced.

I chuckled and walked over to the couch with Shep, and we sat down on each side of her. To protect her, of course.

"Are all the doors locked?" she asked.

"No need. Michael Myers would break in either way," Shep joked, and Riley nudged his shoulder.

After taking a spoonful of cereal into her mouth, she pulled her legs up to cross them, then pointed at the tv. "Who's gonna put on the movie?"

That wasn't a question, it was a demand.

I grabbed the remote and switched to Netflix, then searched for the movie and finally pressed play.

"How many times have you watched this, by the way?" Shep asked.

"Uhm, about nine times, maybe?"

I rolled my eyes. "What's the fun in that if you know everything that happens in the movie?"

"I'm a forgetful person. I don't remember every single thing that happens."

Riley

Davis didn't believe me when I told him I couldn't remember everything that would happen in the movie.

I had a few moments already in which I almost spilled my milk everywhere, and every time I jumped, they chuckled.

They were probably not even watching the screen. They didn't jump once.

I finished eating after refilling my bowl three times, and I leaned forward to put it onto the coffee table.

Shep was done eating as well, and when he realized I was watching him, he didn't hesitate to put his arm around my shoulders and pull me closer.

As I leaned against his side, I kept my eyes on Davis.

He kept his eyes on the tv, but grabbed my legs and pulled them over his lap, then continued eating.

"Are you cold?" Shep whispered, pressing his lips against my temple.

I turned to look at him and nodded.

"A little."

He reached for the blanket on the armrest and covered me with it.

After a few minutes, Davis was finally done, and he placed his bowl next to mine, then placed both hands on my legs.

It felt normal.

Natural.

It felt good.

I smiled, knowing I was safe in their arms.

After the kiss I shared with Davis, I couldn't stop thinking about his lips.

About his taste.

About the way he pulled me closer and silently told me he wanted more.

I wanted more too.

Much more.

But knowing Dad would be back tomorrow, we wouldn't be able to sit as close as we were now.

We'd have to control ourselves.

But tonight...I wasn't holding back.