27

Riley

"I'll see you around. And don't be too hard on yourself, all right? Take it easy. Let your heart guide you."

Tig leaned in and kissed my cheek after helping me step onto the deck of our cabin.

I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you again. See you around, Tig." I waved at him and then said goodbye to Gigi and Dylan who still couldn't take their hands off each other.

It had gotten late, and the sun disappeared behind the mountains.

The sunset was incredible, and I told Tig that he'd have to take me up there again sometime soon.

We had fun, talked about a lot of things, and had dinner while the evening passed us by.

I had found new friends, and summer wouldn't get boring from now on.

I watched his boat go backwards until it turned to head to the other side of the lake.

"You all right?"

Turning to face the cabin, I saw Dad standing there with his hands on his hips.

"I'm fine," I told him, then walked toward him. "I had a great time. The sunset was amazing."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, kissing my forehead.

"That's good, sweetheart. Come inside, we're watching a movie."

As we walked into the living room, my eyes immediately went to Davis who was sitting shirtless on the recliner.

I moved my gaze from his chest down to his legs, then back up to his face.

He gave me a quick look, then he turned back to the tv.

Thanks to the talk I had with Tig, I didn't feel a connection to Davis anymore.

Not a strong one.

He was still an attractive and very sexy man, but he just wasn't the man for me.

"Hey, Ace. How was it?"

My eyes move to Shep's, and a smile spread across my face almost immediately.

Yes, he's the one I want.

"It was amazing! We should all head up there together sometime. You guys could use some exercise," I mocked.

"Hey, watch it, Ace. I get enough exercise when I'm not enjoying my damn summer. We earn this vacation every damn day."

I laughed and stuck my tongue out at Davis. "Still. I want to go up there again. With you guys. I'm gonna change into my pajamas. Be right back."

I ran upstairs and changed into something more comfortable, then went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was unsure if I should sit in the middle of Dad and Shep, but then, I didn't want to feel all alone on the second recliner.

"Come here, Ry," Dad said as he noticed me standing there, and I walked over to sit on the couch next to him, scooting as close to him as possible.

I pulled my feet up, and since men always had to sit there with their legs widely spread, my feet touched Shep's thigh.

He didn't seem to mind.

Well, I didn't mind touching him either.

My heart beat faster, and I hoped to make it calm down by cuddling up to Dad.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer, and with my head on his chest, I finally looked at the screen in front of us.

I had no idea what movie it was, but then, action wasn't really my favorite genre.