2~A Talk with the Death

She woke up. Somehow, she is able to open her eyes as if she did not die in those scorching flames. 

She pertained to not having a physical body; it is more like "floating around" as nothing is tangible and even air is passing like through a sieve. A ghost.

Where am I?

The horrendous pain stopped, but the feeling of emptiness and nothingness scared her more. 

As if trying to hug herself to establish comfort, her fingers go through her body; It is not scary, it is disappointing.

"What? Where would I find a soul that is suitable to take upon the body of an Archon? You surely aren't serious," a rather unpleasant, horrid voice spoke.

The girl looked around and only saw a dark silhouette, emptiness resided in it too. 

Despite how shocking it might be, she gathered the courage to levitate closer to the unknown "object."

"Murata, the hell do you want from me? I can place another soul but find me one! Took me ages to find the previous one!"

"Turn around." A soft voice replied, almost as if vocally pointing towards Siph.

"Oh-" 

"Exactly."

"Fine," the Death exhaled audibly, lowering its hood as if retreating from the argument, and turns around to see the strange soul wandering in his domain.

"You heard it," he called towards Siph.

"So... am I dead," questioned him the girl, asking for at least a simple answer. A bit awkward.

"Only the mortal body," he swiftly replied.

Siph remained silent, unsure on what to say.

"Murata, the Pyro Archon of Genshin Impact, awaits a soul to enter the immortal body as the last one died," he paused for a second. "You are here for a reason, but, if you want to go to the afterlife, you ca-"

"I wish to take the body." Siph interrupted the reaper as her eyes sparkled with determination. 

"Then it is decided. Live well," he proclaimed, as her soul is departing into the Universe that is so familiar, Genshin Impact.

The feelings inside Siph started to burst around. Excitement of getting another chance to live and travel to another world seemed like a dream. She should have asked if there is any way to contact her mother, but she probably already knew the answer. 

A familiar portal opened up in front of her, sucking her soul in. Then she glided through the tunnel that is vibrant with a navy and violet colors, seeing the light. 

It got brighter and brighter, almost blinding as she was teleported to an unfamiliar place.

"Am I in Genshin now," the girl slightly turned her head to the side in the pondering motion, looking around for any familiar area. 

All she saw was a cracked, lava embedded ground, almost as if in the middle of a volcano with a little land floating on top of it.

She felt the heat. 

"It is so hot!" She grazed the sweat off of her forehead, as she used her elbows to support herself to stand up.

"Why in the world does it have to be here!" 

Why does it have to be Natlan, land of fire. Why am I not teleported like Aether, at the Stormbearer Point, Starfell Valley.

She grunted and tried to visually rate her appearance.