Arc Four: 1~The Mastermind

[Author hoyoverse]

The voice was distant yet close, harsh yet soft, like that of the flexibility of flame in the furnace in the cold winter. Her manner of speech and her aura was that of an Archon, nothing compared to Siph, the true fake god.

"Siph," Murata slowly pronounced, with distinct domination. "Wasn't it?"

Siph stood silent, unsure whether to confirm or deny, but the voice sounded so sure it could tell apart her truths from lies. It was like it knew already. 

"Yes," she only nodded silently with her hand in her hair, it reminded her that her appearance was rather different than what she is used to. She wore clothes that she did back in her Earth home, before her computer. Perhaps here, it was a dominion of imagination, and she can view herself as she liked. 

"Where should I start," Murata hummed.

Deadly serious Siph responded, "From the beginning."

The Pyro Archon slightly chuckles. 

"Well, this isn't as simple as you think," she began. "Tsaritsa tries to reform the world to create peace, but it wasn't always like that, but it is not a story for me to tell you." She paused for a moment almost like trying to piece her thoughts together. "After the Archon War, as you know, many Archons lost their lives. Havria for example, or even Guizhong. Rukkhadevata that is now forgotten by every living specie and Makoto, and even the previous Hydro Archon, they all fell in this war either in miserable or honorable death." She took a second longer to reminisce on the memories. "I slayed many, too many in this war and I regret it too much. It was a war of blood where I can no longer remember the soldiers, I took lives off whether on purpose or by mistake, the children that were only a bloody menace after the falling debris and many more that are no just forever in the memory of Irminsul. It was a tragedy of too many years ago." Her voice sounded rather pitiful, yet she continued. "All of our memories wither, they get eroded by the river of time and now all that is left is the memories of brutality and chaos that we Archons have caused. These people no longer need an Archon, all they need is freedom for development." It felt like there was more to uncover from that conversation, almost as if she was referring to the destruction of Khaenri'ah, a civilization that was too much above the gods, ultimately destroyed for the safety of Celestia and perhaps Natlan itself. "People in this land never wished the downfall of Gods, some believe in them while others riot against them, but all these people merely chose a side because it exists."

The pause was long enough for Siph to intervene a question that started to bother her. "Then do you want a world where there would be no Gods? No belief, no miracle that the people can believe in?" 

Siph could almost feel the frown on Murata's face. "Child," she called. "Do you believe in Gods yourself? Isn't that just for the idea that something perhaps can lend you a hand in the toughest of your moments?" Her tone started to be sterner, "You don't believe in God because you know who the Gods here are, they are just the embodiment of Celestia, embodiment of beings in power."

She knew that Murata wasn't wrong. She often prayed to the Archons but knew they would do nothing. All people in Liyue believe in their God but they don't need it, the arc with the Jade Chamber was a proof on its own. That is why Tsaritsa now owned a Geo Gnosis, because the Geo Archon, Archon of Contracts, realized that his power no longer was necessary for the city; it can prosper on its own.

"But you don't need to eliminate the existence of Archons," she desperately tried to change her mind. 

"You misunderstand something, Siph. I will not eliminate them, just create a world where Archons will not exist."

Siph was baffled by such an answer. How does Murata plan to create a world without a higher being in its standing? All creations have an author, be it a painting, a sculpture or some other form of art, world is an art of its own. How will it not have an author?