5 ~ The Energy

"You returned sooner than I expected," the Vigilant Yaksha pronounced as he tilted his head towards the upcoming shadow.

"I kept my promise," she smiled slightly.

"Hm." 

The two stood some distance apart, not too close and yet not too far. Suddenly, Xiao looked in some direction northwest of Wangshu Inn.

"What's there?" she asked out of curiosity.

"Strange energy, similar to the leak of the ley lines. There must be unusual events occurring there. I should take a look. I apologize for disturbing our conversation," he spoke quickly, as his eyes still looked beyond the horizon. Focused.

"I can come as well," Siph chuckled and set her hand on his left shoulder. 

He turned his head slightly, sighed, accepted defeat, and disappeared into the mist along with her.

______________

"Hey, Xingqui!" Chongyun called as he held a light-blue ice cream in his hand. It reminded more of ice block on the stick than a delicious desert. Traver was the one to prepare it for him. 

"You're back quickly... did something happened" Xingqui asked as he peeled his eyes from the book and looked at the Traveler that came along. Something WAS up.

Paimon quickly explained the situation while the blue-haired bookworm nodded in understanding.

"So, you want to see if I have a book that can help you solve the issue with that mysterious imbalance?"

All three nodded in agreement.

Xingqui went inside his library and looked for possible books that could be of help. Nothing really came to his mind as he scanned thousands of books with his eyes, knowing the context in all of them.

Chongyun decided to perhaps try a different way to approach the search "Do you have any literacy on the lay lines disorder?"

"Lay Lines..." Xingqui repeated after Chongyun as the lightbulb shone in his mind.

"Unfortunately, the book that contained that specific information was destroyed some time ago, but from what I can recite is the following."

Ley Lines Disorders occur from the damage of the Irminsul, a tree that is deeply connected in the structure of the energy in the Teyvat. It is the source of knowledge and can administer the beginning and end of the world. Its death is relevant to the end of the Teyvat and not only the Forest Region in Sumeru. Its roots are deeply intertwined with the fate, and the disorder can only be attended by the people that have control over this unpredictable intense energy or items that store it.

"That is all."

Traveler looked at the ground pondering intensively, while Chongyun was unsure of how to solve this issue... he felt a little lost.

A way to control a mysterious energy. Does that mean an archon needs to be involved? Maybe Mr. Zhongli knows something about it.

"I think I know a person who can help," Traveler quickly raised his head and looked at Chongyun. "Thank you, Xingqui."

The other only smiled back, as he waved and wished them a wonderful journey. 

"We should go back then, the longer we are away, the more devastating the effects are, hurried them Paimon."

"You're flying, that's unfair," Chongyun announced.

"Flying is also hard!" she protested.

Traveler rolled his eyes and continued to run towards the destination.