3~A Burning Sensation

The traveler and his companion were trotting through the wilderness, curious and confused. Was there truly a chance of her being a higher being? Intertwined with the fate of Irminsul?

Such thoughts distracted Aether from his searches for his sister. He only caught glimpses of her existence, but he could only wait for the final encounter. Somehow, she occupied his mind so much, she reminded him of Lumine. Some things that she said, or how reckless she was... everything just seemed to remind him of her but at the same time he is so focused on the laying woman in front of him. A woman that seemed to be in an obscene amount of pain, pain that cannot be even explained in simple terms.

"Let's take her," Paimon nodded, swirling her finger in the air, having a rather complex expression. It's not like they have the best relationship, but they felt close to her, almost as if no matter where they meet, their paths always seemed to cross.

Tighnari nodded and allowed to take the patient, ears drooping at the sight of defeat. Where he cannot do anything again in order to help one that is suffering from such crucial pain. He tried everything, he knew, but it just ate away at his heart; he couldn't find any sense of comfort or relaxation.

Aether slowly touched the skin of the girl, and it seemed hot, almost burning. 

"So hot," he commented, slightly squinting his eyes, bearing the pain as he scooped her into his arms, as she panted and scowled and made so many heart-tearing whimpers. His skin was melting, like it was lit on fire, but he had to withstand it, just for some time. It was a race against time. 

Paimon tried to come closer to Siph but she too felt the heat without even touching. "Woah, you're right!"

Tighnari was slightly confused; he touched her previously, but nothing occurred. She was a little warm, but it was a normal temperature of a human that has slight fever. Nothing burning, nothing on fire. She felt like human. Perhaps it was a mechanism of some sort, a mechanism from intruders.

"Let's hurry," Paimon announced, bidding a small farewell to the Forest Watcher as the map quickly teleported them to the closest point in Liyue, one near the bridge, one that is closer to Katherine. 

People never seemed to react, almost as if the traveler just merged into the timeline, setting itself; he just appeared out of thin air, but no one founded it strange. The map was a peculiar thing. 

"Xiao," Aether called, almost desperately, barely audible. It was a call of emergency, something that the Yaksha rarely heard. It was a call to him, directed to Xiao, not the Yaksha itself. "Xiao." 

Almost hesitantly, the shadow appeared, ever so swiftly, out of nowhere. But the presence of this Adepti was everywhere and nowhere. It was so distinct and not at the same time, it is almost paradoxid. However, these calls usually were always a bad sign. A sign of danger, a sign of death, tragedy.

"You—" the words were stuck in his throat. Eyes were slightly widened, and lips barely parted. His eyes seem to be once again under the impression of the natural disaster. Face slightly paled and his hands seemed to visibly shudder. 

"I don't know what's wrong, she is just sick." Aether tried to explain himself, almost as if he the one that set her in this condition, as if it was all his fault and he is explaining to her family that might have a chance of fixing her dire health. 

"I knew I shouldn't have let—" he cut himself off. He took a step closer, almost as if trying to make an indent in the ground, with those heavy and bold steps. 

Aether stretched his arms a bit, ready to transfer her away from into his. The heat started to get quite unbearable. His eyes were almost begging, he wanted to take her already. He could not wait a second longer. His eyes started to be glassy, and his shoulders were falling quicker.