8~Departure and Return

[Art Author: pixiv - Taro] [Pretend this was posted on New Year]

It's been weeks since the incident with Osial. The buildings were partially repaired, and life came to normal.

Aether came to the Crux, and chatted with Beidou, waiting for Kazuha's return.

Meanwhile, Kazuha was chatting with Siph.

"Kaedahara," Siph called. She believed it was impolite to call him on a first-name basis and instead utilized his surname.

He gently smiled, holding a red maple leaf in between his fingers that were bandaged carefully. The little red strip of hair was glittering in the sun as his attire brought attention. A beautiful man. That's what everyone thought. 

The elegance of his swordsmanship was pursued by a keen eye of adventurer and his soft voice was sweeter than gentle breathe. 

Siph and Kazuha weren't particularly close, but the Pyro Archon promised that Kazuha can come to her at any time, and she would be more than happy to help. 

"Kaedahara," she called once again. "Doesn't it feel painful to return to Inazuma?"

His eyes widened slightly, "Did Aether tell you about my friend?"

Siph took a step back and abruptly averted his eyes. She wished to know the answers to those deep-inside questions regarding her favorite characters. As they were never revealed, she wanted to know the truth. Never was there a trace of thought to harm anyone. Pure curiosity.

"Not at all, Aether isn't a person to speak of private matters. It was just an observation. I apologize if it was a hard question, you are not by any means obligated to respond. In fact," Siph turned around, "Please forget I asked it. I wish you a safe journey." She started walking away from the docks.

"Wait," Kazuha spoke. Yet, she was too far to hear it.

Kaedahara was now lost deep in thought, reminiscing and weighting his love and hate of Inazuma on a scale, uncovering those cavernous wounds.

The Crux departed an hour later yet Kaedahara was unable to find an answer as his thoughts were all focused on the question the young lady asked. 

Was it his hate for the Inazuma itself or was it the Archon? Was it the fact that the memory of his friend erased into nothingness or the death that could have been prevented by the rotten government. If only Inazuma was a little saner... Tomo would still be...

The violent storms that crushed against the baren planks of the ship and the scent of salt that was wavering in the air, came abruptly in the mix where the winds that were able to carry a person erupted on the ship. Beidou, the Captain of Crux, professionally handled the situation without any casualties, allowing the ship to board the Inazumas port safely. Kaedahara in the meantime hid his face as he remained a fugitive since that incident. 

"Thoma, long time no see," Beidou exclaimed as she stood with dignity on the bow of the ship. 

Thoma nodded and replied with a respectful voice, "Captain Beidou I was waiting upon your arrival." He stood up from the wooden boxes he sat on earlier, patiently awaiting.

At the same time in Liyue.

"Why did you not join them?" Wondered Venti as he peeked in under her arm as she was sitting behind the table having a meal.

"Did you want me to go?" She parried the question.

He plucked the strings of his lyre and sat on the empty spot across from her.